Work with a world class team to develop, implement, and support cutting edge Oracle technology.
Manages teams supporting and/or implementing multi-functional and/or multi-location projects and/or systems. Defines, documents and manages scope, expectations, implementation approach, deliverables and acceptance testing criteria. Develops and manages an effective risk mitigation strategy for the project(s).
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Successful track record as a manager. Detailed knowledge of technical and business concepts of a number of related applications areas. BA/BS degree preferred.
*Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.*
*Director Network Engineering*
*Location*: Bellevue or Burlington
This position will be the leader of the Network Engineering team within the Global Business Unit Cloud Services Networking department. This Director role is responsible for delivery of new technology and revised designs for existing deployments.
*_Essential Job Functions:_*
* Manage a networking development team within a scrum frame work.
* Drive team excellence via coaching and setting meaningful goals.
* Manage a blacklog and prioritize within several stake holder groups.
* Manage stake holder expectations.
* Create and deliver road maps for projects and technology.
* Create executive summary on progress and blockers.
* Engage on requirements findings and assist on the building of specifications.
* Work with additional engineering teams to promote and understand cross functional technology.
* Support operational teams with escalation teams for complex issues or problem management.
* 8 years experience managing a geographically dispersed team of senior network engineers
* 8 years experience working on network infrastructure in a Cloud or service provider environment.
* Multicustomer cloud environment experience a plus. Experience with designing, implementing, and supporting largescale networks, network routing, switches, and inter-related networking and security technologies. Experience provisioning single and multitenant cloud environments.
* This candidate must provide strong team leadership while developing and managing business processes and workflow, standardizing documentation, and improving project reporting.
* Professional level of familiarity implementing and troubleshooting Cisco ASA firewalls, F5 Load Balancers, and Nexus 9k, 7k, 6k, 5k, and 2k, switches.
* Professional level understanding of TCP and UDP mechanics including ability to interpret packet captures
* Expert level of familiarity in implementing and troubleshooting both VRRP and HSRP
* Professional understanding of popular network communications protocols such as DNS, RPC, HTTP et cetera
* Expert understanding of Ethernet and the surrounding technology such as Spanning Tree Protocol (802.1w, 802.1d)
* Expert understanding of OSPF, as well as real world implementation and troubleshooting experience
* Expert understanding of BGP as well as real world implementation and troubleshooting experience
* Professional understanding of MPLS networks
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to manage several concurrent tasks and priorities
* Very strong focus on the customer's needs and a willingness to accommodate them
* Expert understanding of SNMP
* Self-motivation and the ability to work with almost no supervision.
Direct Recruiter Contact: Erin.firstname.lastname@example.org
*Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.*
**Job:** **Information Technology*
**Title:** *Director of Network Engineering - Bellevue, WA or Burlington, MA location*
**Location:** *United States*
**Requisition ID:** *200003YJ*