Programmer Analyst I or II (Mobility)
CompanyTucson Electric Power
Job CategoryInformation Services
UNS Energy Corporation, headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, is a subsidiary of Fortis Inc., the largest investor-owned electric and gas distribution utility in Canada. UNS Energy Corporation's public utility subsidiaries, Tucson Electric Power Company, UNS Electric, Inc. and UNS Gas, Inc., provide electric and gas service to customers in southern and northern Arizona. For more information about UNS Energy Corporation, visit .
Tucson Electric Power provides safe, reliable electric service to approximately 414,000 customers in Southern Arizona. Although our company has been in business for more than 120 years, we continue to look for innovative ways of providing value, comfort, convenience and security to our customers every day. We're evaluating cutting-edge energy technologies, reshaping our energy portfolio and expanding our renewable power and energy-efficiency programs. While our line of work can be challenging, it can also be rewarding. Our team of dedicated professionals values engagement, enthusiasm, innovation and collaboration.
In return, TEP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes a 401k plan with a generous company match, a company-sponsored pension plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more.
We are currently seeking a talented individual for the position of Mobility Programmer Analyst for our Operations Applications team. The successful candidate will create new custom solutions to integrate enterprise applications both internally and with vendors and partners that ensure on-time, cost-effective delivery with minimal system and business impact while maintaining compliance with IS and product architecture. Supports complex enterprise wide IS applications and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) Middle Tier Interfaces used by multiple business units and external partners. Assist IS personnel and consults with business clients in the use of information technology and application systems. Work directly with application vendors, application service providers, SaaS, and cloud computing providers to meet UNS business needs. Work closely with the IT Enterprise Architecture team to ensure application architecture is consistent with overall IT architecture direction. This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
Preferred Product Expertise: Clevest Mobile Workforce Management, Mobile Work Management, Electric Utility Experience
Technical Skills : .Net, C#, XML, SQLServer, IIS, Jaspersoft, ETL, Web Services, SOAP/RESTfull API's.
Programmer Analyst I - Senior:
* Designs, develops, troubleshoots, supports, and configures information systems to support business processes across multiple departments and business units.
* Develops designs, program specifications, data access, output reports, and input specifications. Assures that the design, programming, testing and documentation for assigned systems are correct, complete and up-to-date.
* Designs, develops, troubleshoots, and maintains software interfaces to enterprise systems using approved SOA middle-tier tools as defined in the IT corporate standards.
* Reviews work requests from clients and develops estimates for work to be performed based on industry standard estimation methodology.
* Gathers business requirements and recommends solutions to clients for the improvement of existing or proposed systems to enhance the functionality being delivered.
* Works with off shore partners under a global delivery model as required.
* Collaborates with IS infrastructure, network and security teams to develop technical requirements necessary to implement a successful project with minimal risk.
* Educates clients in understanding the operations and capabilities of their information systems.
* Participates in a team environment and performs assignments as requested by the group or team lead. Executes multiple project assignments and coordinates priorities with team leads and clients.
* Continually increases the understanding of utility business functions and processes and functionality in chosen technology track.
* Efficiently utilizes Information Services standards, tools, equipment, and training.
* Conforms to corporate procedures and Information Services guidelines.
* Works with internal and external auditors to validate application controls and compliance.
* Develops software testing, validation requirements, and use cases during the design process.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned by management.
Programmer Analyst II - Senior:
* Performs feasibility evaluations, estimates system analysis and programming time, computer resources, and related costs.
* Performs the project leader role for small projects, directing and reviewing the work of team members.
* Serves as a mentor to other IS personnel to enhance their capabilities.
* This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.)
* Minimum 2 years programming experience or a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related disciplines.
* Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or equivalent education and/or experience.
* Experience with products and functionality in chosen technology track.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Demonstrated aptitude for programming skills.
* Minimum 5 years programming experience, with some demonstrated abilities in project management and business requirements definition.
* Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion.
* Good organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions.
* General understanding of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
* Preferred qualifications of Level I.
* 2 years' experience with products and functionality in chosen technology track.
* Good understanding of systems integration principles.