About This Career Path
Design and develop solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Perform systems management and integration functions.
Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
Current Available Jobs
Projected job openings through 2024
Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
4-Year Degree Programs
Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
Evaluate current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, or usability.
Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
Provide customers or installation teams guidelines for implementing secure systems.
Monitor system operation to detect potential problems.
Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
Common knowledge, skills & abilities needed to get a foot in the door.
Computers and Electronics
Engineering and Technology
Complex Problem Solving
Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
We are looking for a full time Software Engineer Intern to develop embedded or application software for products at our Chandler, Arizona office. They will test software, perform software releases, quality assurance activities and performance maintenance activities on real Garmin products.
Essential functions and responsibilities in this role include:
* New product design and development
* Troubleshooting basic issue reports & implementing software solutions
* Communicating status of work & providing visibility to supervisor
* Learning how to use & apply various engineering tools as needed for the role
* Planning technical work to meet team objectives
* Applying design standards and procedures to implement basic designs
* Thoroughly documenting work in an organized manner
* Working collaboratively in a team environment to achieve individual & team goals
Qualified candidates for this role will have completed coursework in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a field relevant to perform the essential functions of this job description with a minimum cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0.
Other requirements include:
* Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Must demonstrate relevant experience and/or training in a low, mid, or high-level language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or other selected languages
* Must possess relevant experience and/or training in data structures or object-oriented design methodology relevant to Garmin’s business need
* A cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 and previous experience working in a team environment is highly preferred!
Garmin Intern Perks:
* Social activities and service opportunities planned for interns
* Paid time off
* Paid holidays
* Test cutting-edge Garmin products before they are released
* No formal dress code
* Assigned mentor to answer your questions and help you grow in your technical skillsets
* Associate discount on consumer products
* Paid, coordinated housing or stipend option for interns whose permanent address is located more than 50 miles from Garmin HQ
* Housing stipend option for those at field locations (non-Olathe) whose permanent address is located more than 50 miles from the field location
* If you join us full-time, your time as an intern counts towards becoming fully vested with your 401K
* Waived registration fees for Garmin-approved races
As part of our ongoing commitment to helping associates maintain a healthy balance between work and life, we sponsor company-wide and individual wellness initiatives, as well as world-class sporting events—and even some of the participating athletes. In each of the communities in which we do business, Garmin has a strong philanthropic and civic presence.
* Applicants will be considered for all U.S. locations; this excludes Salem, Oregon.
* Applicants will also be considered for all SWE internship positions open at Garmin, excluding Salem, Oregon.
* Applicants will be considered for all Garmin business segments (i.e., Aviation, Fitness, Marine, Outdoor, Auto OEM, Consumer Automotive, etc.).
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.
**Purpose of Job**
Provides support to the Enterprise and has an opportunity to significantly impact organizational growth and effectiveness through delivering best in class technology solutions. Engaged in all phases of the software systems and application development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing requirements, designing, testing, documenting and implementing software, responding to outages. Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensure these risks are effectively identified and escalated to be measured, monitored and controlled.
Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
Design, develop, code, and test significant technical solutions collaborating with senior and lead engineers.
Lead code/design reviews to ensure smooth daily operations and accurate planning at a team level.
Organize work and lead team to deliver features and solutions.
Independently resolves complex production issues and leads troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions that span multiple applications and systems.
Mentor and coach junior engineers.
May begin working with architecture to help influence directions for key technologies within a specific domain.
Bachelor's degree in related field of study,
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required.
6 years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s).
Demonstrated ability to independently research technical issues and generate creative/innovative solutions.
**_Find your purpose. Join our mission._**
USAA is unlike any other financial services organization. The mission of the association is to facilitate the financial security of its members, associates and their families through provision of a full range of highly competitive financial products and services; in so doing, USAA seeks to be the provider of choice for the military community. We do this by upholding the highest standards and ensuring that our corporate business activities and individual employee conduct reflect good judgment and common sense, and are consistent with our core values of service, loyalty, honesty and integrity.
USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource: our 35,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture. When you join us, you'll become part of a thriving community committed to going above for those who have gone beyond: the men and women of the U.S. military, their associates and their families. In order to play a role on our team, you don't have to be connected to the military yourself – you just need to share our passion for serving our more than 13 million members.
USAA is an EEO/AA Employer - applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
FST Technical Services is your global partner in the Semiconductor and Microelectronics Industry! Our positions include benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401(k), PTO, and paid holidays. Come join an awesome team in an exciting, fast paced, and ever-growing industry!
We are looking for Entry Level Field Service Engineers to join our teams in the Chandler, AZ area! New graduates and recently separated military personnel with mechanical and electrical aptitude are encouraged to apply.
+ Perform on-site service and repair of Semiconductor Processing Equipment.
+ Troubleshoot equipment problems, maintain records, coordinate with peers, supervisor(s) and customers to minimize equipment downtime and interruptions, order and install parts, respond to emergency service calls and instruct customer operating technicians on system operation and maintenance.
+ Perform upgrades and modifications to equipment as needed.
+ Job duties are often performed in confined areas in a clean room environment, in awkward positions and/or in high places.
+ Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 50 pounds is required.
+ Positions may require the use of Personal Protection equipment (including respirator) and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, radiation, etc.
+ Occasional travel to factory, training facilities and customer locations will be required.
+ Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Electronics or other related field preferred.
+ Excellent customer interface skills.
+ Mechanical and electrical aptitude is required as well as an ability to use basic hand tools and specialty equipment.
+ Training provided to obtain thorough understanding of company procedures and technical issues involving the maintenance, repair and installation of company equipment.
Must have reliable transportation and be located in the Chandler, AZ area or able to commute. No relocation assistance provided. Must be available for on-site interview.
US Citizens and all other parties authorized to permanently work in the US are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be legally authorized to permanently work in the U.S. at the time of application. No third party candidates considered for this position.
If you are looking for a professional, challenging and stimulating environment and meet the above criteria,
Tooling Project Engineer
Working at West means having an opportunity to work by the side of our patients and customers, our global team members and the communities in which we operate - which all help contribute to a Healthier World.
At West, we are by the side of patients. The work we do impacts patients' lives each and every day - our products are a critical part of healthcare delivery and we are proud of the role we play to improve patient health. We work by the side of our team members. We come together as one global team to deliver for our customers and help them address their challenges. We are a diverse, close-knit community of professionals, where everyone has a voice and opportunity to learn and grow through mutual trust and respect. With a 95 year plus history, we have a track record for success, which includes reported sales of $1.84B in 2019. We serve by the side of our community. Giving back is in our DNA-our team members across more than 50 sites globally are involved with hundreds of charities that have special meaning to them through our West with Without Borders team member-led giving program.
* Engineering position supporting projects within the processes of designing, receiving, and transferring to production, injection molds, EOA tooling, assembly & metrology fixtures, and manufacturing aids. Works closely with both internal and external customers to drive reliable
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Create solid models and detailed drawings for mold tools, assembly & metrology fixtures, and assembly manufacturing aids.
* Create detailed assembly manuals and work instructions.
* Work as part of cross-functional and cross-company team to problem solve product quality and production challenges.
* Communicate requirements with internal customers and suppliers such that project goals and customer's needs are met or exceeded.
* In depth trouble shooting and problem solving of part defects as they relate to tooling, process or downstream part handling or assembly.
* Maintain quality records and project documents associated with assigned projects.
* Conduct mold design reviews and perform DFMEA's.
* Work with project engineers/process engineers to ensure successful evaluation of all new equipment / process improvements.
* Develop specifications for new equipment, manage construction and installation.
* Manage and update project timelines and budgets for all projects.
* Create engineering change requests for modifications to equipment and the introduction of new equipment/molds.
* Maintain budgets and timelines to meet business objectives.
* Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
* Four-year Engineering degree.
* 3-5 years of experience in complex injection mold design, two shot, lift and strip and insert molding.
* Extensive solid modeling experience preferably in SolidWorks, Solidedge or NX.
* Experience with the design of automated assembly and inspection equipment.
* In depth analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Experience in the qualification of injection molds, MAT/FAT, IQ, OQ, PQ or PPAP.
* Extensive knowledge of various hot runner designs and manufacturers.
* Ability to comprehend computer systems applications and business/manufacturing processes. Excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* 5+ yrs. Hands on experience in designing and fabricating complex injection molds.
* Proficient in GD&T tolerancing.
* Design and manufacturing of multiple station metrology fixtures.
* Experience working in a regulated GMP or GLP environment.
* Knowledge of lean manufacturing and design for manufacturability.
* Highly motivated when driving projects lasting for several months to a year with little supervision.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must be able to work standing up for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to understand direction and adhere to established policies and procedures.
* Must be able to multitask and adapt while working in a fast-paced environment.
* Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time.
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please send an email to . Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
You will design, develop, test, and maintain software for Mercury storage products with a focus on device drivers while serving as the teams Linux authority.
You are responsible for
* Design and implementation of device drivers for Mercury storage (terrestrial and space) products.
* Maintaining existing device drivers.
* Participation in the design, development, testing, and documentation of future device drivers.
* Development of manufacturing test methods and scripts.
* Design and implementation of embedded software for Mercury storage products.
* Creating, deploying, and documenting Linux builds.
* Writing reusable, testable and efficient code.
You are a part of
An engineering team dedicated to delivering reliable storage products to our customers.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
* Experience developing software (5 years)
* Experience in C and C++ (3 years)
* Experience developing and troubleshooting device drivers (SSD kernel driver preferred)
* Experience in Linux embedded systems development.
* Experience creating and maintaining driver interfaces.
* Experience building and deploying Linux (2 years).
* Experience working with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, JTAG, and other hardware test equipment.
* Experience reading schematics, data sheets, and other hardware and software specifications and standards.
* Experience writing scripts to automate processes (TCL, Python preferred).
* Experience using multiple IDE's.
* Experience using software revision control systems, Bit Bucket or GIT preferred (4 years)
* Strong debugging skills.
* Good time management, communication (verbal & written), decision-making, and organization skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
* Bachelor's Degree Engineering (Software Engineering preferred).
Why should you join Mercury Systems?
Mercury Systems is leading Commercial Provider of secure sensor and mission processing subsystems. We are pioneering a next generation defense electronics business model specifically designed to meet the current industry's current and emerging technology needs. The size and makeup of our organization enable forward thinking, entrepreneurial professionals thrive and prosper.
We are committed to making Mercury a great place to work, no matter where our employees are located. We offer a casual and enjoyable atmosphere that allows employees to learn and grow. We help and care for one another and work as one to achieve results for us and for our customers. We value communication and transparency, and strive to foster two-way dialogue at all levels of the organization. We are committed to lifelong learning, offering comprehensive skills training and tuition reimbursement. Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional, it's important to us that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
To find out more about what it's like working at Mercury, visit the or find answers to general questions at
Mercury Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mercury Systems is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
read about our recent press release and how Mercury Systems was named to Fortune Magazine's list of 100 Fastest-Growing Companies.
Click Here to learn about OFCCP
U.S. Citizenship Required
Yes - Position requires access to export controlled data
* Phoenix, AZ, USA
* Full Time
PositionSummary:Thisis a remote/home office position.
Primary responsibility for this position is to provide z storage implementation and migration related services to Mainline customers. Depending on need these services may range from basic hardware implementations to complex data migration and replication implementations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide z related storage services to Mainline clientele on a project assignment basis.
* Participate in the development of proposals and presentations to management and clients.
* Assist in the identification of additional service opportunities.
* Serve as a trusted advisor to our clientele.
* Work with client and Mainline Marketing to assure solution meets the client's business objective.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Proven ability to work with project teams, account teams, and customers to provide industry best professional services.
* Strong communications skills.
* Self-motivated, detail orientated and the willingness and ability to follow processes and procedures.
* Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.
* Must have the ability to multi-task.
* Must have familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products.
Education and/or Experience
* BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
* Minimum of ten years z related storage experience is preferred.
* A minimum of five years of experience in customer facing environments with good presentation skills is desired.
* Core competency including implementation, data migration (hardware and/or software based) and support of at least one z storage environment (z/OS, z/VSE or z/VM) is required.
* Core competency including implementation, configuration and feature exploitation of at least one IBM storage subsystem (DS8000s and/or TS7700s) is required.
* Expertise with PPRC replication, CSM, and cli scripts a plus.
* Z operating system and/or ISV product expertise also a plus
* IBM or other vendor certifications are desired.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
* Physical environmental factors of this position include those found in typical business office environment or home office environment.
* Requires use of general office equipment and personal computer equipment.
* Ability to travel. Various means of travel may be required, including auto and air travel. This position requires travel:Occasionally
* May be required to work irregular schedules including but not limited to as applicable: Nights, weekends, holidays, on-call, and/or overtime.
Mainline Information Systems https://Mainline.applicantpro.com
Pay Transparency Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for the application engineering of telecommunications outside plant in a local serving exchange environment. Subject matter expert of and for all technical aspects of outside plant facilities work such as but not limited to cable sizing, cable counts, cable records, permitting for right of ways and easements. This position works as a team member with Network Planning, Central Office, Transmission and Operations to support the growth, replacements and upgrades of telecommunications plant facilities. This position also supports sales, marketing, operations and regulatory as needed.
Specific requirements of the position include:
* Engineering design for outside plant projects.
* Perform field staking.
* Proactive review of outside plant facilities to determine necessary upgrades and enhancements.
* Communicate with state, county, city and national indices to gain information on planned projects that involve growth and changes.
* Coordinate with all utilities for project design and construction to utilize joint trench.
* Communicate with all peers and departments to insure proper project planning.
* Maintain accurate cable records and updates.
* Attend pre-construction meetings for project designs.
* Apply for permits as required (State, DNR, City, County, Townships).
* Maintain and investigate right of ways and easements for releases.
* Prepare project justifications for approvals including EWOP documents loaded into Varasset.
* Prepare loop studies as needed.
* Prepare cost estimates for BDT’s.
* Respond to DOR’s as needed.
* Update records according to As-Builts.
* Land base into FROGS/Spatial Engineer (Frontier AutoCAD based GIS) system.
* Assist in annual budget design.
* All other activities with respect to the needs of the business.
Must have detailed knowledge of outside plant activities. Knowledge of engineering tools to include the following, FROGS/Spatial Engineer (Frontier AutoCAD based GIS), Adobe, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, email and other vendor software. Excellent organizational skills, communications skills (written and verbal) and customer relations will be utilized in achieving desired results and are critical to the position. Outside plant construction and project management experience and inventory management experience. Experience in right of way, private easement and permitting with local, state and federal entities. Must be able to manage multiple projects in various stages of activity.
B.S. in Engineering or equivalent, or a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience related to outside plant, preferable in a local exchange environment. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge with heavy emphasis on outside plant design, cable count layout, and capacities. Must have a solid knowledge of telecommunications outside plant. Must be able to participate and lead project teams to achieve team objectives and goals. Strong interpersonal skills are very important in discussions and meetings with engineering team, regional managers, vendors, local supervisors and technicians.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world's leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are looking for a Senior VDI Systems Engineer to design, deploy and manage Virtual Desktop and Application solutions supporting Fox's Enterprise and Media environments.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
* Architect and deploy VMware Horizon Cloud environments.
* Co-architect, deploy, and maintain cloud based VDI environments, including AWS Workspaces, Azure, and VMWare Cloud on AWS.
* Architect and deploy RDSH virtual applications in the VMware Horizon Cloud environment.
* Deploy profile management with VMware DEM.
* Creation and maintenance of VDI master images.
* Creation and maintenance of persistent and non-persistent desktop pools.
* Creation and maintenance of RDSH virtual applications.
* Perform daily VDI administration, maintenance and upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
* Create and maintain processes, procedures, documentation and associated training plans for systems administration and operations teams.
* Analyze and isolate problems and issues while leading problem bridges while being available for 3rd level on call support when needed.
* Enhance and improve existing infrastructure through automation and reporting.
* Collaborate effectively with a team, utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Successfully deliver projects, meet project milestones, and communicate issues/risks appropriately.
* Take handoff of problems from SME leads and work them independently to root cause.
* Own Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management for corporate Identity Management environment.
* Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
* Improve existing processes through solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
* 7+ years of experience in Virtual Desktop administration using VMware Horizon 7.x. and Virtualization infrastructure operations using VMware vSphere 6.x, AWS Workspaces, and Microsoft Azure WVD.
* 5+ years of experience in Virtual Application packaging and remediation using VMware Horizon RDSH application, App Volumes and ThinApp including writable AppVolume experience. VMWare Dynamic Environment Manager/DEM aka User Environment Manager/UEM
* Experience deploying and maintaining Windows 10 desktop platforms.
* Experience deploying applications via RDSH.
* Experience with comprehensive understanding of Windows Active Directory, Groups and Policies
* Ability to self-direct , while coordinating with others to complete team project tasking's and investigate issues under limited supervision
* Knowledge of or ability to learn server driven applications and databases
* Knowledge of or ability to learn established security and availability management policies
* Proven excellent interpersonal skills, to include building and maintaining interdepartmental relationships
* Capability of briefing management on project status
* Experience using Installation and Configuration Management best practices
* Experience with VMware vRealize Operations
* Experience with SCCM and OSD.
* Good understanding of Okta MFA using Radius.
* Strong technical knowledge of Windows Deployments and User Profile Management.
* A self-starter that shows initiative and takes action
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
* 20-May-2020 to Until Filled (MST)
* Fisher Sand & Gravel Arizona
* Tucson, AZ, USA
* Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Accident & Critical Illness Insurance, PTO, Sick Leave, Profit Sharing, 401k, Identity Theft Protection, Competitive Wages
Fisher Industries is a family of businesses that encompass all aspects of the aggregate production and heavy civil construction industries. Our unique, vertically-integrated business model allows us to handle small projects, large scale operations, and every tough job in between. Our goal is to provide reliable products and sustainable solutions for innovative global infrastructure. For additional information about our company, visit our website at .
The Project Engineer will be responsible for planning, developing, coordinating and managing onsite construction engineering activities for concrete paving and heavy civil construction projects to ensure quality and cost. This position will be a travelling position where the qualified applicant will be required to integrate and travel with a project team or paving crew to assist with all functions of project. The individual must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. Some night and weekend work will be required.
* Manage job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing
* Supervise, direct, and mentor project staff to ensure individual development and that project standards are met and work is completed on time and under budget
* Develop and maintain project schedule to ensure work is completed on time and under budget
* Provide technical support in construction planning, quality control, application of construction methods, resolution and documentation of design conflicts, and constructability reviews to ensure successful job completion
* Represent company during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication
* Develop and maintain all material logs
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience
* 7+ years of construction estimating support, engineering, field support, or similar experience
* Proficiency with Blue Beam and OST preferred but not required
* Proficiency with Heavy Job and HCSS preferred but not required
* Valid driver's license and acceptable MVR in accordance with Company Vehicle Program policy is required
* Must be willing to travel
* Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test is required
* Ability to complete work tasks under various adverse weather conditions including heat in excess of 100 degrees, cold, and rain
Fisher Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Pre-employment physical and drug testing are required.
If you require an accommodation to submit an application, please email or call 701-456-9184 and ask for the HR Department to request an accommodation. This email is only to request an accommodation to the application process and is not an email to inquire about the status of your application.
Fisher Industries https://fisher.applicantpro.com
Assistant/Associate Professor of Computer Science and Software Engineering - (190680)
The Department of Computer, Electrical, and Software Engineering at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott, AZ invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the assistant or associate professor level. Interest and ability to teach undergraduate computer science and software engineering courses and laboratories is essential; experience with aviation/aerospace applications and Agile development is highly desirable. Professional and scholarly activities are expected, but quality teaching is the primary responsibility.
Additional responsibilities of the position include recruitment of students, advising and mentoring undergraduate students, course and program assessment and development, supervising senior design projects, and university/community service. Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communications skills, and a strong command of the English language are required.
Embry-Riddle is a small, private, residential university in the mountains of Arizona where faculty/student interaction is highly valued and is a central theme of the campus. The Computer, Electrical, and Software Engineering Department is a part of the College of Engineering that also includes the Aerospace Engineering Department and Mechanical Engineering Department. A Cyber Intelligence and Security degree program in the College of Security and Intelligence includes an isolated cyber and computer forensics lab that offers collaborative project opportunities. There are many other opportunities for inter-departmental teaching and research. Our fully accredited undergraduate engineering programs place students in aerospace companies and major university graduate schools across the nation.
Prescott is rated as one of the desirable destinations in the Southwest. At 5000 ft. above sea level, Prescott boasts a mild climate, clean air, and pristine wilderness areas as well as national forests close by. Prescott is 100 miles north of Phoenix and 120 miles south of the Grand Canyon.
ERAU benefits include:
*Relocation support provided
*Retirement Plan - ERAU offers immediate vesting and provides a 6% gift and will match up to 3.5% of employee contributions
*Two BC/BS health plans - PPO and high deductible plan with a health savings account
*Tuition waivers for employees, spouses, and dependent children will cover one undergraduate and graduate degree per person
*Use of various campus services: fitness center, library, mail room and enjoy observation flights
The successful candidate should have a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field at the time of employment, or a MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent, and extensive industrial experience.
Areas of expertise for this position which would be a plus include network, cyber, or computer system security and defense, computer forensics, information security, trustworthy systems, net-centric computing, embedded systems, or autonomous systems. Significant industrial, entrepreneurial and/or teaching experience would strengthen a candidate's credentials, but recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Apply online at and search for positions at Prescott. Contact Professor Ed Post at for further information. Review of applications will begin 1 February 2020 with an anticipated fill date of August 2020. ERAU is an equal opportunity employer and particularly encourages applications from women and minorities.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Prescott
Job: Research and Academics
Education Level: Doctorate Degree Computer Science Engineering (Systems)
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: Nov 20, 2019, 2:00:09 PM
(IT) Information Technology