IBM is seeking Technical Support Specialists responsible for applying expert analysis to provide support for problem and change tickets for client servers surrounding the Unix infrastructure. Incumbent assesses situation to determine problem facing the client. Problems are not routine or standardized and the creation of documentation explaining the solution to the problem is required. Responsible for implementing changes to the client’s environment. Pager coverage and possible off-shift coverage may be required. Please note that this position is based in New York customer, remote is an option.
**Your Role and Responsibilities**
• Support problem and change tickets for client servers. This involves problem determination and implementation of changes to hardware and/or software. This position provides leadership to high level (Level 3) of support. Tasks are not standardized and require independent thought and problem solving to resolve. Interaction with other teams is often required to solve issues.
• Work to standardize repeatable tasks and steps across multiple accounts within a team while providing coaching and mentoring to the junior team members. This may require creating documentation or scripts that can be used to solve the same problem in the future.
• Team members participate daily in cadence discussion on issues or challenges, and receive trouble-shooting input /advice from other team members. They may also discuss team performance trends and exchange information obtained while working with members of cross-pool teams.
· Unix, Windows and VMware
· AIX, HP-UX, Sun/Solaris 10/11, Linux
· Windows 2008, 2012, 2016
· SAN experience from a Server
· APARs / Security Alerts
· Veritas clustering / HACMP / ServiceGuard
· NIM / LPAR / HMC / Z/FS, Virtualization, Containers/LDOMs, Sparse Zone
· Act with a sense of urgency, responsiveness, ability to work without direction and constant monitoring
· DNS Basics
· VMWare Basics
· Candidates must pass a criminal background check
· Solarwinds and/or SCCM support experience
· AGILE Training
· HIPAA/PCI or other Regulatory Training
· Experience across other midrange disciplines: Windows, Linux, Storage, Backup, Capacity Management and/or Disaster Recovery
· Experience with other midrange tools: Solarwinds, Active Directory, Commvault, SCCM, SCOM, Terminal Server, MS Office 365, Azure, Sharepoint, ESX, VM Hypervisor
**Required Technical and Professional Expertise**
+ At least 5 years experience in Systems Administration within any of the following operating support platforms: HP, Sun Solaris, AIX, Linux, Windows, VMware and Solarwinds.
+ At least 5 years experience in at least one or more of the following: installing, troubleshooting, operating, testing, planning and configuring relevant technologies.
**Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise**
+ Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences
**About Business Unit**
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
**Your Life @ IBM**
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
**Being You @ IBM**
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.