**FEMA Disaster PA TAC IV\-\- Mechanical Engineer\-\-Region IX**
We are seeking Mechanical Engineers to build a roster in support of our FEMA client in Region IX; Arizona, California, Hawaii and Nevada for disaster recovery efforts\. We are seeking local candidates who reside these 4 states to help support our program locally\.
Jacobs has a contractwith the Federal Emergency Management Agency \(FEMA\), known as the “PublicAssistance Technical Assistance Contract \(PA TAC\)” to provide technicalassistance support for FEMA disaster related operations throughout the U\.S\.
FEMA uses the PA TAC nationally to obtain Civil Engineers, ConstructionManagers, Construction Inspectors, Project Managers, TAC Coordinators and otherrelated professional services to assist state and local municipalities indeveloping grant applications for Federal Public Assistance funding for therepair of their infrastructure damaged by natural or man\-made disasters \(roads,bridges, hospitals, schools, water treatment facilities, etc\.\)\.
These individuals will manage the PA grant delivery process \(fromApplicant assignment to Exit Briefing\) for an average amount of eight \(8\)individual applicants simultaneously\. The number of applicants will vary fromapproximately 1 to 15 depending on the number of projects and complexity ofprojects that an applicant claims\. These individuals must ensure programdelivery in a timely, professional, customer\-centric manner that meets allassigned Applicant’s recovery priorities\.
In this role, you may have the following generalresponsibilities:
* Reviewing information gathered during the PreliminaryDamage Assessment \(PDA\) for assigned Applicants
* Conducting Exploratory Calls to gather information fromApplicants using assigned templates
* Developing an understanding of each Applicants’projects and recovery priorities
* Conducting and facilitating Recovery Scoping Meetingswith Applicants using assigned documents
* Working with Applicants to logically group andprioritize projects based on the Applicant’s recovery priorities
* Establishing regular meetings with the Applicant tofacilitate the program delivery and recovery process
* Tracking and following\-up with the Applicant on FEMA’sRequests for Information and documentation submission
* Coordinating transmittal of documents and informationbetween the Applicant and FEMA’s Consolidated Resource Centers utilizing aweb\-based tool, phone, and email
* Scheduling site inspections with the Applicants andcoordinating them with the Site Inspector Task Force Leader
* Identifying need for and engaging technical specialistsand environmental/historic preservation compliance specialists when appropriatethroughout the program delivery process
* Reviewing and validating damage details, scopes of work,and costs with the Applicant
* Participating in regular FEMA meetings by providingupdates on work status
* Evaluating claims and making recommendations to FEMA asto whether the claim is eligible
* Discussing and resolving eligibility issues
* By day 55 after the Recovery Scoping Meeting, verifyingwith the Applicants that all disaster\-related damages have been identified anddocumented
* Assist with the development of the Determination Memoby completing appropriate sections and communicating final determinations tothe Applicants
* Conducting Exit Briefing with the Applicant usingassigned documents
In preparation for task orders, we are looking for candidates that areinterested in working on the PA TAC\. Please note, qualified candidates must beU\.S\. citizens, able to pass a FBI background check, be able to mobilize within48 hours of contracts awarded, and open to working 8\-12 hours per day, 5\-6 daysper week, potentially in remote disaster conditions\. Most of the jobresponsibilities will be conducted in a FEMA office\.
**The successful candidateswill have the necessary experience based on the positions needed fordeployment\. Due to the nature of the work, selected candidates must meet thefollowing requirements** :
+ Must have Mechanical Engineering experience\.
+ Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering\.
+ Must be a U\.S\. citizen and be able to pass a FBI background check prior to becoming eligible to deploy\. This background check process is extremely time sensitive and qualified candidates must be willing to complete the process within 7 days\.
+ Ability to mobilize within 24\-48 hours, commit to up to 6 months or longer on a disaster operation\.
+ Proficient with Microsoft Office product suite\.
+ Due to the nature of the work, candidates must have significant focus and experience in providing excellent customer service, attention to detail and must have excellent communication \(writing and verbal\) skills\.
**The ideal candidate willpossess the following skills and experience:**
+ Professional Engineer License\.
+ Preferred experience includes prior experience in the PA Program: Site Inspectors, Program Delivery Managers, Public Assistance Coordinator \(PAC\) Crew Leader, Project Specialist, Debris Specialist, Debris Monitor, FEMA\-certified Trainer, Hazard Mitigation Specialist \(Sections 404 and 406\), or Long Term Community Recovery Program Specialist\.
+ Preferred trainings include: Program Delivery Manager training, Site Inspector training, Public Assistance Operations I \(PA Ops I\), Public Assistance Operations II \(PA Ops II\), Project Worksheet \(PW\) Development, Cost Estimating Format \(CEF\), Debris Management/Operations, and/or 406 Hazard Mitigation\.
+ Qualified candidates must complete the required FEMA Training Courses \(IS\-632 and IS\-634\)\. This training must be completed prior to mobilizing for any FEMA disaster work\.
+ Due to the nature of the work, candidates must have excellent customer service and communication skills\.
Special Note: The initialwork for FEMA may be up to 12 hours per day, 5\-6 days per week\. Rotations homeapproximately every 45\-60 days \(5\-7 days\) are provided to each deployed staff asapproved by FEMA management\.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law\. Jacobs is a background screening, drug\-free workplace\.
**Job** Planning & Consulting
**Primary Location** United States\-Arizona\-Chandler\-US AZ Chandler
**Other Locations** United States\-California\-Sacramento\-US CA Sacramento \- Jeg \- Sacramento, United States\-Nevada\-Las Vegas\-US NV Las Vegas \- Jacobs Engineering, United States\-Hawaii\-Honolulu\-US HI Honolulu \- Bishop Street
**Req ID:** GES0000D7