IT Infra-Open Systems-Corp
**Primary Location Starting Range:**
$32.38/hr - $43.18/hr
In accordance with Colorado’s EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care – and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
As an **IT Systems Engineer Consultant** , you will be working in the Infrastructure and Operations Department which provides IT firewall services and capabilities supporting all areas of Information Technology. This position in Perimeter Services is directly responsible for providing secure access to internal and external resources. This position requires collaboration with several departments as a subject matter expert.
An ideal candidate will have expertise managing Palo Alto firewalls, remote user access and a thorough knowledge of networking concepts in a large corporate environment. As an IT Systems Engineer Consultant you will be deploying new firewalls, migrating from legacy firewalls, designing and implementing connectivity that meets security policies, maintaining code levels and working with customers on new and existing access. Support of mission critical servers and applications in a 24x7 On-Call environment with off hour project support work will be required.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is an expert that demonstrates technical knowledge of infrastructure and communications processes and supports system defined objectives relative to the company’s business and healthcare requirements. Interacts as part of a team, leading small sized projects and is able to plan, design, implement and support all company Information Technology infrastructure, networks, hardware and applications.
1. Provides proficient technical support to maintain, monitor and troubleshoot technical systems that are associated with providing critical patient care.
2. Plans, prioritizes and coordinates scheduled projects that require interaction between various customer and department and hardware/software vendors. Develops well defined project plans, work schedules and critical timelines.
3. Works effectively as a team leader or a participating member of the department or project teams. Promotes teamwork by involving others and encourages them to contribute their strengths to the team.
4. Compiles professional, well thought out designs to complex technical processes for presentation to senior members of the team.
5. Interacts with the customer, from a variety of departments, to research and develop solutions to support issues resulting in a positive experience for the customer.
6. Participates in feasibility studies, RFI development and capital budget planning. Position provides technical information regarding current and future industry concepts, hardware, and software.
7. This position has responsibility for selected infrastructure applications or systems. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has minor level decision-making authority for projects, coding, and applications and works at peer level. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide.
Must possess a strong knowledge of technology as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
Certain assignments require certification or credentialing in designated area.
Must also have 4-6 years experience in a healthcare environment or an equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience.
Must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Needs experience in small scale project planning and reporting either individual or team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. Incumbent will have skills to mentor less experienced team members. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health complies with applicable federal and state laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or disability.