Field Research Assistant - Mid Level
Tucson, Arizona, United States
15 hours agoPost Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 15 years! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Duration:6+ month contract position
Job Title:Field Research Assistant – Mid Level
Pay:$20 - $23/hr
Our client has an opportunity for an exceptional candidate to join our new greenhouse operation near Marana, AZ. We are seeking motivated scientists and engineers. The research assistant conducts extensive experimentation and performs various organizational tasks to support operational excellence. The research assistant is responsible for executing experiments and research according to protocols, collecting and logging data, maintaining equipment and supplies, performing literature reviews, preparing graphs and spreadsheets, creating presentations, and reporting information to their supervisor. Strong communication, organizational skills, attention to detail, and familiarity with scientific method desired. The position requires knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within science, engineering and biotechnology. Experience with greenhouses, controlled environments, precision agriculture, sensors and controls, plant sciences, environmental sciences, chemistry, or automation preferred. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with scientists and engineers to support operational research and development.
The research assistant conducts extensive experimentation and performs various organizational tasks to support operational excellence. Strong communication, organizational skills, attention to detail, and familiarity with scientific method desired. The research assistant is responsible for executing experiments and research according to protocols, collecting and logging data, maintaining equipment and supplies, and reporting information to their supervisor.
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Biological Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Science/Studies or another relevant technical field;
• Interest in applied sciences or engineering.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to interact with team members at various levels in a professional manner, contribute ideas, and seek resolution to issues that may arise;
• Demonstrated problem solving, planning and time management skills;
• Capability to learn quickly and a willingness to ask questions;
• Willing to work "hands on" with plants and machinery;
• Proficiency in the creation of technical documentation.
• Studying in biological sciences, engineering, environmental sciences, biosystems engineering or relevant field.
• Experience or familiarity with scientific methods.
• Research experience
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
• CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)
• Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary expectations toLauren.Evoy@ctg.com
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) has developed a reputation for responsiveness and reliability - traits that our clients say set us apart - since our founding in 1966. As one team, we create and deliver information and technology solutions that make our clients more successful and cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for information and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India and regularly posts news and other important information online at www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
* Job Function: Research
* Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
* Work Remote: No
* Travel: No