The Radiation Therapist is responsible for the daily management and delivery of radiation therapy using record and verify systems for various treatment techniques. Under the direction of the Lead Radiation Therapist, Dosimetrist, and Chief Medical Physicist and
Physician, administers radiation treatment according to department policies and procedures. S/he works as part of a multidisciplinary team and provides input to the continuity of care.
* Demonstrates the ability to treat using record and verify systems.
* Demonstrates knowledge of Dosimetry calculations and radiation treatment parameters, on board imager and port films.
* Knowledge of physics and human anatomy.
* Demonstrates ability to measure cerrobend block outputs and construct accurate patient blocking materials.
* Demonstrates ability to apply and treat with the SDX machine.
* Demonstrates ability to provide treatment at multiple locations as needed to provide coverage.
* Demonstrates ability to simulate patient for treatment planning using 3-D CT technology.
* Assists in the AccuBoost treatment and HDR (High Dose Radiation) treatments.
* Ensures all treatment plans are verified by a second therapist and Medical Physicist by the third treatment.
* Responds to and applies critical thinking skills in a emergency or crisis situations.
* Under a wide variety of circumstances, establishes contact with patients and their families.
* Assists with patient scheduling due to transportation or housing needs.
Event Participation and Coordination
* Participates in Cancer Center sponsored community health screenings and events.
* Responsible for reporting any safety-related incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety-related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
* Stays current and complies with state and federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employee's area of responsibility.
* If required for the position, ensures all certifications and/or licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
* Completes all company mandatory modules and required job-specific training in the specified time frame.
* Assists in department QA tasks and ongoing radiation safety measurements.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)- Required
Certification & Licensures
Registered by State or National Organization in conjunction with Radiation Therapy- Required
BLS (American Heart Association)- Required
Minimum 2 years experience as a Radiation Therapist- Preferred
CALL REQUIRED: Must be able to physically show up
Yes-within 30 minutes
Requisition ID: 2020-7715
Street: 3700 W State Rte
Certifications: Basic Life Support
Full Name: First Last: DAWN JOHNSON
Email Address: email@example.com