Find your path in health care. We want to change the lives of those in our care – and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If you’re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Banner Telehealth provides telehealth services to more than 3,400 providers across primary care and most major medical specialties, including specialists from Banner MD Anderson Cancer Centers and Banner – University institutes like Banner Alzheimer’s Institute. Banner Telehealth focuses on providing cross-continuum teleservices including remote monitoring of patients throughout the Banner system, including individuals in their homes. This investment in technology, people, and processes to improve patient access and outcomes provides yet another example of how Banner is a national leader in healthcare.
In this position, you will be supporting the Telehealth ICU team by completing patient ADT data entry, incoming and outgoing phone triage, and other administrative work to support the TeleICU providers and nurses and the department’s shift to shift patient care related operations. This is a non-direct patient care position.
This is a full time (36 hours) night shift position: three 12's with rotating weekend coverage.
***This is not a remote position. The team is based out of our Mesa, AZ Corporate office, located on Country Club and Brown.
Banner Health leverages telehealth technology to improve patient care and support the rapid changes within the health care environment. Regardless of patient location, The Banner telehealth team responds to requests for help from bedside care teams, monitors for adverse trends and intervenes before adverse trends become adverse outcomes, monitors and supports "best practice" compliance and measures clinical outcomes.
This position is responsible for a variety of administrative support functions and customer service for multiple assigned facility/unit areas which promote and support an organized, efficient delivery of patient care workflow for Telehealth providers, Telehealth RNs, and the bedside facilities/units. The position facilitates communication between Telehealth physicians, Telehealth nurses and bedside physicians and nurses and triages calls received from all Banner system-wide Telehealth partnered facilities. This position acts as a liaison with all other Banner internal departments and external contacts including non-Banner healthcare systems. This position requires Telehealth specific patient care computer application skills and Telehealth data specific Admit, Discharge and Transfer (ADT) knowledge as this position is responsible for admitting patients in Telehealth remote monitoring specific system, and on-going patient ADT data collection for Banner-wide in-state and out-of-state Telehealth monitored facilities. The position provides a variety of unit support functions which contribute to the overall efficient operations of the Telehealth department.
1. Prioritizes high volume of incoming calls from multiple Banner facility units and triages the calls to the appropriate level of Telehealth patient care providers using Instant Messaging System following Telehealth-specific clinical phone call triage algorithms/guidelines. Performs clerical duties to support overall operating efficiency and effective flow of communication and information throughout the department.
2. Maintains competency of navigating through multiple monitoring systems and applications used in Telehealth for remote patient management for Banner system-wide facilities.
3. Enters accurate patient admit, transfer, and discharge information in Telehealth-specific system application for APACHE data collection which is used for bench marking performance measure for system-wide Banner Intensive Care Units. Notifies the appropriate RN staff of any admissions from multiple facility units and ensures that all abnormal EKG strips are scanned into patient’s EMR for multiple facility units when necessary and per delegation.
4. Maintains adequate levels of office or dietary supplies and completes requisition forms when supplies need to be ordered. Reconciles supply order upon delivery per delegation.
5. Participates in Shared Leadership and may join Shared Leadership Council or other committees. Accommodates visitors and Telehealth operation related vendors and demonstrates technology and role of Telehealth HUC as needed or assigned.
6. Monitors System-wide Centralized Best Practice and communicates with Telehealth Intensivists and Banner facility units. Participates in various pilot or trial projects for Banner system-wide or specific facilities.
7. Uses skilled communication and promotes collegiality between internal and external staff, providers, and leaders in order to achieve optimal clinical and operational outcomes.
8. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops/training sessions and completing all mandatory education as and if required.
9. This position works under local supervision and has responsibility for multiple assigned units and facilities. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service and positive change adaptation. Interacts with other facility staff at all levels including physicians and nursing staff throughout Banner facilities.
This position requires knowledge normally attained with completion of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with one year of medical clerical experience; preferably in a hospital or physician office setting. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations, communication skills and positive openness to changes. Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy is required. The position requires knowledge of commonly used office software and keyboarding skills.
Successful completion of an approved unit secretary program.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health supports a drug-free work environment.
Banner Health complies with applicable federal and state laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or disability