About This Career Path
Issue licenses or permits to qualified applicants. Obtain necessary information, record data, advise applicants on requirements, collect fees, and issue licenses. May conduct oral, written, visual, or performance testing.
Current Available Jobs
Projected job openings through 2024
Evaluate information on applications to verify completeness and accuracy and to determine whether applicants are qualified to obtain desired licenses.
Collect prescribed fees for licenses.
Verify the authenticity of documents, such as foreign identification or immigration documents.
Question applicants to obtain required information, such as name, address, or age, and record data on prescribed forms.
Update operational records or licensing information, using computer terminals.
Answer questions or provide advice to the public regarding licensing policies, procedures, or regulations.
Prepare bank deposits and take deposits to banks.
Assemble photographs with printed license information to produce completed documents.
Operate specialized photographic equipment to obtain photographs for drivers' licenses or photo identification cards.
Instruct customers in the completion of driver's license application forms or other forms, such as voter registration cards or organ donor forms.
Common knowledge, skills & abilities needed to get a foot in the door.
Customer and Personal Service
Administration and Management
Computers and Electronics
**Tax and Licensing Clerk**
**Location Phoenix, AZ**
**Duration temp to perm**
* Intermediate level PC skills with knowledge of Windows & Microsoft software applications
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
* Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
* Ability to complete work with a minimum of supervision under rigid time constraints
* Good analytical skills
* Two years college with accounting course work or equivalent
* Honest and trustworthy, exhibiting sound business ethics
* Ability to work in a team setting
* Speed and accuracy in 10 key input
* Work in a fast paced environment
* Audit invoices for accuracy including retail licenses, permits and real and personal property taxes.
* Process Journal Entries to the General Ledger and Account Reconciliations.
* Code and enter invoices into accounts payable system.
* Research, analyze and make recommendations for disposition of out of balance accounts especially in relationship to real and personal property taxes.
* Analyze financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting for assets and liabilities.
* Maintain reconciliation of subsidiary details to general account balances.
* Other projects as assigned by supervisor.
+ **As your local offices do not support this position, for immediate consideration, please apply online to this posting directly.**
+ **Resumes in MS Word are preferred.**
+ **If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter at** **Leslie.Hesano@kellyservices.com** **; however, your resume must be received via the official posting.**
**Why Kelly** **®** **?**
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
**About Kelly** **®**
At **Kelly** , we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Government & Public Administration