About This Career Path
Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. May install or service street lights, intercom systems, or electrical control systems.
Current Available Jobs
Projected job openings through 2024
Journey Level Electrician
Independent Electrical Contractor
Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring or equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
Place conduit, pipes, or tubing, inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
Common knowledge, skills & abilities needed to get a foot in the door.
Building and Construction
Judgment and Decision Making
Visual Color Discrimination
Ludvik Electric is growing! We are seeking Apprentice Electricians for the Phoenix, AZ area. If you have a high school diploma or GED, and at least one full year of high school or post-high school math with a passing grade of "C" or higher, we would like to speak with you.
At Ludvik, we place high importance on providing a truly authentic and enjoyable work culture. We cultivate a workplace environment and culture in which our talented employees can thrive. The result resonates through from the office to the field as a big company that feels like a small family ? full of smiling faces, proud of their work, and loving what they do.
What You Will Do In Your Day-to-Day
Electrical work is physical
+ Lifting continuously
+ Digging ditches
+ Laying pipe
+ Pulling wire that's 2-3" thick
Experience and Qualifications You Must Have
+ Must be 18 years or older
+ Must possess a high school diploma or a G.E.D. equivalency.
+ One full year of high school or post-high school math with a passing grade of 'C' or higher
+ Security badging may be required based on the job site
+ Electrical and/or Construction experience a plus
Great Reasons to Join Ludvik
+ Competitive Salary
+ Competitive Benefits Package
+ Training and Support
+ Advancement Opportunities
Ludvik Electric firmly believes that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. Join us and discover a work experience where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where you can learn and grow to your full potential.
Ludvik Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Electrician Hospital Support
The Electrician will be working in Phoenix, AZ to help stand up an existing mothballed hospital to support treatment of COVID 19 patients. This position is a trade's technical position and will be responsible for facility electrical and related projects to include maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, installation, and related electrical. The Electrician will report to the PAE Facilities Program Manager. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
* Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
* Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
* Perform work required for the repair, maintenance, installation and modernization of electrical systems for site building's equipment.
* Locate and determine electrical malfunctions using test equipment.
* Repair malfunctions by such methods as replacing burned out elements, fuses, and replacing defective wiring, cleaning, repairing or replacing motors.
* Test electrical equipment such as motors, heaters and controls for safety and efficiency, using standard test equipment and by observing functions.
* Install fixtures, wiring conduits, motors and other electrical equipment.
* Inspect circuits for specified shielding and grounding.
* Report any malfunctions or lack of compliance with Statement of Work (SOW) to the Site Supervisor.
* Perform inspections and prepares written reports.
* Maintain effective, timely and respectful communication and interaction with other employees, manager, and supports other organizations.
* Perform other administrative tasks when directed, including ordering material, inventorying, scheduling work, and preparing reports.
* Be responsible for facility custodianship of work area and management of tools, equipment and spare parts for the electrical operation.
* Take initiative to analyze a situation and to make frequent technical decisions based on specifications, safety, and electrical codes.
* Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
* Minimum Acceptable Experience Level:
* Ten (10) years of electrical experience in operations and maintenance services.
* Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Knowledge of applicable US Codes and acceptable trade practices.
* Knowledge and experience regarding occupational hazards of the electrical trade, related safety precautions and considerable skill required for the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment.
* Good organizational, time management, and communication skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make independent decisions.
* Knowledge of principles and processes involved in operating and supporting electrical functions.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
* Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team as well as work independently.
* Education: A high school diploma or GED and successful completion of an Apprentice program.
* Licenses and Certifications:
* Valid drivers' license from Home of Record.
* Journeyman Certificate
* Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
* Military experience wearing personnel protective equipment is preferred.
* Experience maintaining health facilities a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug-free workplace.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
electrical and related work involved in the maintenance of industrial and plant facilities, installation, repair and modification of electrical, electronic systems, controls and equipment. Excluding electronic test equipment.
State Journeyman Electrician Card
Must pass practical test within 90 days of hiring into this position or upon promotion .
Or All of the Following
Four (4) years’ experience as an industrial electrical and/or electronic maintenance electrician with experience in the installation, troubleshooting and repair of complex electrical and/or electronic equipment, machines and assemblies.
Must be Familiar with electrical code and safe working practices.
Must have the ability to work from schematics, blueprints, verbal and written instructions.
Must pass qualifying written test
Must pass practical test within 90 days of hiring into this position or upon promotion .
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
Experienced in the repair, modification and maintenance of high voltage switch gear and associated equipment.
Experienced in diagnosing and repairing of numerical, computer and robotic controlled equipment and machines.
Experienced in the use of various troubleshooting, monitoring and testing equipment.
Experienced in preventive maintenance on facilities and manufacturing equipment, mechanisms and assemblies.
Experienced in repairing public address.
Experienced in troubleshooting and repairing fire alarm and monitoring systems.
Hourly Rate of Pay: $28.73
Required Education (including Major):
High School or Equivalency (GED)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Ajo, AZ, US, 85321
**Freeport-McMoRan** is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world’s largest publicly traded copper producers, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Highly skilled workers in the Electrical/Instrumentation craft who perform at or above a Journeyman level including but not limited to removal, repair and installation of electrical components, electrical systems analysis and diagnosis, advanced troubleshooting and systems/process optimization. Employees may mentor or train other electrical employees. Employee will work under minimal supervision where the primary objective is safe production.
+ Removal, repair and installation of electrical components, electrical systems, analysis and diagnosis, advanced troubleshooting and systems/process optimization; may mentor or train other electrical workers
+ Safe completion of routine and non-routine repairs and construction
+ Perform preventative maintenance including installation, repair and troubleshooting of industrial electrical and/or instrumentation equipment (i.e. substations, power distribution systems, switchgear motors, motor controls, systems and components, process controls, instrumentation and pneumatic equipment)
+ Must have strong knowledge in the maintenance and troubleshooting of AC/DC drives, PLCs, overhead cranes, management control systems, calibration of field transmitters/transducers and weigh scales, and low and medium voltage equipment
+ Ability to perform installations and renovations compliant with regulatory agency standards
+ Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and work area instructions, participate in safety and environmental activities, and use plant and equipment correctly at all times
+ Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned according to business need
+ Completion of an approved Certified Electronics, Electrical and/or Instrumentation Program, **OR**
+ Minimum of four (4) years of experience in Industrial Electrical and/or Instrumentation repair and maintenance, **OR**
+ Associate’s degree or Trade School Certification in a related field **and** two (2) years of experience in Industrial Electrical and/or Instrumentation repair and maintenance
+ Experience in troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of electrical circuits and connected equipment; this includes the ability to read, understand and apply information from technical manuals, prints, and schematics for trouble shooting and repair
+ Effective written and verbal communication skills to satisfy training, safety, and electronic message transmission policies of the company
+ Must have minimum personal tools as described by the department tool list or be able to obtain them within 90 days of hire date
+ High School diploma or GED
+ Experience with VFDs, PLC, HMI, and/or SCADA Control Systems
+ Experience working with low and medium voltages
+ Experience with AC and/or DC controls
+ Experience with instrumentation devices
+ Experience with diagnostic electrical test equipment
+ Experience with HVAC equipment
+ Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
+ Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
+ Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
+ This is a Safety Sensitive role
+ Work is performed in a manufacturing plant which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electric shock, toxic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles
+ Must reside within 10 miles from Ajo with a response time no longer than 30 minutes
+ Must be able to work on call 24/7 every other week
+ While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, see and work in confined spaces
+ Occasionally may be asked required to life moderately heavy to heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday
+ Will be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
+ Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
+ Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable State laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
+ Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
+ Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
+ Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
**Nearest Major Market:** Tucson
Overheard Electrician, Law, Electrical, Electrician, Instrumentation, Engineering, Legal
This position is responsible for electrical maintenance, construction, and repair including but not limited to switchboards, lighting devices, and modification of existing electrical instillations to the medical center electrical distribution system. Oversees the electrical work conducted throughout the facility to ensure compliance with the National Electrical Code. Reviews contracted electrical work for code compliance and compatibility to existing electrical components. Conducts regular tests and maintains all required documentation for the operation of the hospital emergency generators. Works with and assists other trades in completing required tasks.
* Installs, designs, and maintains new electrical wiring, panel boards, switchgear, fuses, lighting fixtures and their associated control circuits, heating devices, motors and motor control centers. Ensures strict adherence to all safety rules and regulations. Performs electrical duties working on various voltages up to 480v. Keeps the designated Facilities Services manager informed as to the needs and / or changes required to keep the facilities electrical systems operating in a safe and well maintained condition.
* Maintains, repairs, and modifies electrical circuits utilizing various meters and test equipment. Coordinates the preventative maintenance of all electrical distribution systems, including the emergency generators in order to ensure the integrity and reliability of the emergency electrical distribution system. Monitors and modifies the electrical PM program to assure maximum effectiveness; provides all required and appropriate documentation.
* As assigned, works with all other divisions and departments to meet the facility electrical maintenance, installation and construction needs; negotiates priorities, plans work schedules and job assignments. Orders needed material, parts and supplies. Recommends use of outside electrical specialty contractors as appropriate. Oversees and monitors outside electrical specialty contractors to assure compliance with established hospital standards
* Troubleshoots and monitors electrical maintenance repair work, alterations and renovation upgrades to the facilities electrical systems. As assigned, monitors electrical construction, installation and commissioning activities. Monitors systems and installation processes to ensure the integrity of assigned Life Safety systems.
* Instructs personnel regarding electrical hazards and electrical safety to ensure safe procedures and safe use of equipment. Provides guidance, direction and oversight for electrical training. Reviews and selects continuing educational materials and offerings for electrical training.
* Maintains stock levels of materials and parts at an appropriate level within budgetary constraints. Maintains electrical repair and replacement schedules and records to keep within the projected budget. Reviews materials to ensure the quality of all components for electrical installations during construction and remodel projects. Provides input to the designated Facilities Services manager.
* Maintains facility compliance with all applicable Authorities Having Jurisdiction including local, state, federal and all other regulatory codes pertaining to any and all components of the facilities electrical distribution systems. Attends annual code compliance and update training.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Must have a current electrician's license as required by the state or applicable authorities having jurisdiction. Requires working knowledge and certification as required of applicable regulatory codes and State and local building codes.
Some facilities or departments, depending on business need, may require proof of a valid drivers license and eligibility for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
The position requires knowledge and skills normally attained with six years of diversified work experience as an electrician, and the ability to demonstrate advanced skills in the field of electricity. Must have working knowledge of electrical systems and components common to the healthcare environment. Must be able to exercise independent decision making and judgment in the performance of all duties. Requires the ability to work safely and effectively with all voltages up to 480v. May require high voltage certification for some work assignments. Must be proficient in reading and understanding related and required maintenance and construction documents. Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
Must be able to work effectively with commonly used office software programs.
Prefer a Master Electrician's license if offered by the state.Previous construction experience is preferred. 5-7 years of previous healthcare facility work experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Construction & Architecture