About This Career Path
Help electricians by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
Current Available Jobs
Projected job openings through 2024
Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
Trace out short circuits in wiring, using test meter.
Strip insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers, and attach wires to terminals for subsequent soldering.
Examine electrical units for loose connections and broken insulation and tighten connections, using hand tools.
Construct controllers and panels, using power drills, drill presses, taps, saws, and punches.
Drill holes and pull or push wiring through openings, using hand and power tools.
Clean work area and wash parts.
Maintain tools, vehicles, and equipment and keep parts and supplies in order.
Transport tools, materials, equipment, and supplies to work site by hand, handtruck, or heavy, motorized truck.
Install copper-clad ground rods, using a manual post driver.
Common knowledge, skills & abilities needed to get a foot in the door.
Building and Construction
Customer and Personal Service
Quality Control Analysis
Job ID: 165099
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
* Run conduit to/from service equipment to devices per electrical prints/schematics
* Install electrical devices such as distribution panels, lights, receptacles, switchgear, UPS, generator, TVSS, etc.
* Pull wire and make terminations of the complete electrical system for equipment
* Label system components
* Troubleshoot controls, both mechanical and electrical
* Maintain a clean work area
* Other duties may be assigned as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
* High school diploma / equivalent or a comparable combination of education, training, and experience
* At least 1 year of electrical experience Preferred
* Must be able to read and interpret drawings and electrical schematics
* Testing electrical components with various meters to detect short, worn out or weak components and defective connections
* Ability to understand and apply basic mathematical skills
* Ability to use power hand tools, tape measure, ect.
* Working experience of voltages up to 480
* Journeyman electrical license preferred
* Lifting may be required with assistance provided if needed
What CRH Americas Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
+ Phoenix, AZ
+ Full Time
+ Entry Level
Momentum Solar is a premier residential solar provider with offices throughout the U.S. Founded in 2009, Momentum has grown exponentially over the past decade. We implement the entire solar process to ensure a seamless transition to renewable energy.
+ Installs and monitors performance of installed electrical equipment for hazards, adjustments, or replacement.
+ Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances using appropriate tools and testing instruments.
+ Repairs and maintains motor control centers and programmable logic controls.
+ Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
+ Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
+ High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Electrical Journeyman License or Completion of 60 Credit Hours Electrical.
+ Ability to use appropriate tools and diagnostic equipment to repair, install, replace, and test 1000 volt and below electrical circuits, equipment and appliances.
+ Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
+ Ability to diagnose and repair electrical controls, industrial motor control centers, and programmable logic controllers for secondary systems 1000 volt and below.
+ Ability to read commercial electrical blueprints and apply NEC through the full range of commercial and industrial maintenance and construction work.
+ Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
+ Ability to install and maintain motors, welding equipment, lighting fixtures, generators, circuit breakers, and transformers as appropriate to the position.
+ Ability to isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment.
+ Training will be required.
Momentum Solar is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
The Maintenance Electrician is an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team who will be responsible for analyzing and correcting electrical problems, repair, and overhaul equipment and controls.
Essential Functions of the Job (In order of Importance):
+ Maintain and/or repair Low to High Voltage electrical power distribution systems and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment on a regular preventative maintenance schedule. In depth ability to trouble shoot 24v Circuits
+ Trouble shoot, replace/repair electrical components of machinery including but not limited to: PLC’s, VFD’s, Contacts, Relays etc.
+ Ability to read and interpret Electrical schematics, parts diagrams and operating procedures pertaining to industrial electrical equipment.
+ Complete quality documentation of repairs, work orders and preventative maintenance performed on all equipment and machinery.
+ Ability to use a variety of electrical tools safely and accurately including but not limited to: Multimeters, Meggers, Circuit tracers, Fish tape’s, Conduit benders, terminal crimpers etc.
Marginal Job Functions:
+ Operating mobile equipment such as forklift trucks, boom lifts and scissor lifts. Welding and fabrication skills are a plus but not required for the maintenance electrician position and can be taught on the job.
+ Ability to push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel, climb, walk, and lift, up to 50 pounds including very limited work in confined spaces.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of this Job & Minimum years of experience:
+ 3-5 Years of experience as a maintenance electrician in a manufacturing environment.
+ Proficient ability to understand and trouble shoot electro mechanical industrial machinery.
+ Experience with PLC’s, VFD’s, Time delay sensors, Photo eyes, Boilers, Chiller pumps, compressed air systems, Driven conveyor belts, High and low voltage service panels.
+ Residential and industrial electrical circuits.
+ High school Diploma or Equivalent.
Req ID No.: 2019-4961
External Company Name: Allied Reliability, Inc.
External Company URL: www.alliedreliability.com
Street: 3555 W Washington St
Maintenance Electrician needed for Manufacturing Plant in the far east valley. We offer a great environment of team oriented people with company longevity, an impeccable safety record, and positive work environment. We will consider hard workers at all different skill and experience levels –with a focus electrical aptitude. This position will fill and start as soon as qualified candidates are identified! Hours will be Monday - Friday during the day with occasional call outs for troubleshooting equipment as needed. BASIC FUNCTION: Perform electrical / electronic plant maintenance as directed, manage process improvement projects, act as a technical resource for technicians, backup the department foreman. RESPONSIBILITIES: Act as electrical subject matter expert for other staff members and plant maintenance personnel. As assigned, act as the plant lead for electrical process improvements: plan and build the design for new equipment installations, make modifications to the design as necessary, recommend and oversee contractors, oversee projects and installations, and review invoices. Act on behalf of the foreman or immediate supervisor in their absence to: direct the daily activities of the shop, reassign resources to respond to changing priorities, take off-hour emergency calls from production and packaging operations and assign appropriate staff to resolve and electrical problems. Inspect, install, troubleshoot, repair, and calibrate all plant electrical equipment without direct supervision. Trains electrical/electronic maintenance technicians. Use PLCs to troubleshoot any plant operations process and make basic programming modifications to correct the problem. Perform complex mathematical calculations to verify calibration of all process monitoring equipment. Perform traditional mechanical maintenance functions as needed without direct supervision. Coordinate inspection, repair schedules, and parts availability to confirm the accuracy of bills for labor and materials. Design and implement plant equipment preventative programs. Regularly communicate interdepartmentally, in written and/or verbal form, on the status of jobs, projected completion time, and need for assistance. Follow all safety procedures. Keep work areas, tools, and accessories in a safe, clean, and orderly condition at all times. Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a high level of electrical aptitude. Journeyman's License or equivalent experience strongly desired. Strong mathematical ability including algebra and trigonometry. Ability to successfully work through others to complete tasks (supervise and delegate). Five years of electrical industrial maintenance preferred. Competence in Pneumatics, hydraulics, computer, mechanical, and industrial process control is a plus. Apply today to email@example.com EEO Employer Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178. VEVRAA Federal ContractorWe request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Founded in 1915, we started with a single recycling location and have grown into a global enterprise, and one of the largest metal recyclers and steel manufacturers in the United States. Our vertical integration model was the first of its kind and revolutionized the way the steel industry operates today.
We are also a Fortune 1000, global company that is committed to delivering industry-leading customer service, providing a safe and healthy environment where our employees can succeed, creating value for our investors and improving our communities.
We are sensitive to the impact our industry has on the environment, which is why we are committed to a process that minimizes our carbon footprint and preserves our natural resources for future generations. Our recycling facilities collect metals from the community and convert them into steel that supports our infrastructure.
Shift Electrician (6146)
Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking a Shift Electrician to help with Maintenance, Testing, calibration and repair of electric/electronic elements in the Melt Shop and Rolling Mill.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK FOR US:
CMC is committed to our Customers, our Employees, our Shareholders and our Communities. We believe in acting with integrity, encouraging excellence, and promoting collaboration all while dedicating ourselves to keeping safety as our top priority. CMC rewards high performance and offers industry leading pay and benefit package while working in a rewarding environment!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Testing and measurement of AC/DC utilities.
2. Able to understand electrical/electronical schematics.
3. Able to demonstrate adequate troubleshooting skills.
4. Able to communicate effectively with appropriate departments/individuals.
5. Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment, hand tools and personal knowledge to determine root cause
6. Performs necessary maintenance tasks including but not limited to the repair or replacement of defective and damaged parts, adjustments and calibration procedures, assemble, install, test and execute preventative maintenance tasks on various forms of manufacturing equipment using hand and power tools.
Experience and Skill Requirements
* 2+ years electrical maintenance experience preferred.
* Must have experience with and the ability to demonstrate electrical and mechanical maintenance principles, concepts, and troubleshooting techniques including a working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
* CMMS experience preferred.
* Knowledge of the melting, casting and rolling process and related equipment preferred.
* AC/DC motor troubleshooting experience preferred.
* Electrical controls maintenance and repair proficiency.
* PLC troubleshooting experience preferred.
* Ability to think logically, analytically and solve problems.
* Strong multitasking abilities.
* Ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to stand, walk, bend for extended periods of time.
* Ability to work from heights.
Vo-Tech High school or High school/GED. College, technical trade, and/or military training/education required
Shift Electrician (6146)
Mesa, AZ (0004)
Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking a Shift Electrician to help with Maintenance, Testing, calibration and repair of electric/electronic elements in the Melt Shop and Rolling Mill. WHY YOU SHOULD WORK FOR US:CMC is committed to our Customers, our Employees, our Shareholders and our Communities. We believe in acting with integrity, encouraging excellence, and promoting collaboration all while dedicating ourselves to keeping safety as our top priority. CMC rewards high performance and offers industry leading pay and benefit package while working in a rewarding environment!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Testing and measurement of AC/DC utilities.2. Able to understand electrical/electronical schematics.3. Able to demonstrate adequate troubleshooting skills.4. Able to communicate effectively with appropriate departments/individuals.5. Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment, hand tools and personal knowledge to determine root cause6. Performs necessary maintenance tasks including but not limited to the repair or replacement of defective and damaged parts, adjustments and calibration procedures, assemble, install, test and execute preventative maintenance tasks on various forms of manufacturing equipment using hand and power tools.
Experience and Skill Requirements
• 2+ years electrical maintenance experience preferred. • Must have experience with and the ability to demonstrate electrical and mechanical maintenance principles, concepts, and troubleshooting techniques including a working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.• CMMS experience preferred.• Knowledge of the melting, casting and rolling process and related equipment preferred.• AC/DC motor troubleshooting experience preferred.• Electrical controls maintenance and repair proficiency.• PLC troubleshooting experience preferred.• Ability to think logically, analytically and solve problems.• Strong multitasking abilities.• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment.• Ability to stand, walk, bend for extended periods of time.• Ability to work from heights.
Vo-Tech High school or High school/GED. College, technical trade, and/or military training/education required
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (TEMPE ARIZONA)
ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Journeyman Electrician.
The Journeyman Electrician operates and performs repairs on electrical systems. The Journeyman Electrician maintains various equipment and completes work orders for routine repairs and installation of mechanical, electrical and electro-mechanical systems. Works with a computerized maintenance management system.
ABM is an EOE/AA (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
What we do:• Rain for Rent moves water every day. We are the leading provider of temporary liquid handling solutions and are known for our systems engineering expertise, ability to tackle complex jobs cost effectively, and providing high value to organizations with critical liquid management issues. Our experienced teams, backed by skilled engineers, are continually working to redefine what is expected from a liquids handling provider by developing new equipment and harnessing technology for the most demanding environments. Our Rain for Rent solutions exceed customers’ expectations for service and quality for their water-handling, irrigation and temporary liquid-storage problems. We strive to effectively and efficiently complete projects safely, on time and the right the first time.
To learn more about us please check out our website here.
Rain for Rent’s employees are proud to work for this family owned business which has been in business for more than 80 years. We are committed to providing consistent, quality products and services to customers across the U.S., Canada and the UK from more than 65 locations. Honesty and integrity are valued at Rain for Rent and employees are committed to exceeding expectations for service and quality to our customers.
As an Electrician, you will be plan layout, install, and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment. Also you will support to Operations Manager by performing new installations, service and repair on equipment, transport items that require movement in order to meet company needs. Successful Electrician excels and places value on the following:
• Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.• Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future structures.• Connects wiring to boxes, motors, control panels, and install grounding leads.• Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.• Tests amps, volts and continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer, and oscilloscope.• Maintain basic stock of electrical supplies and components to minimize repeat trips to and from job sites.• Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.• Repairs faulty equipment or systems.• Prepares or assists in preparation of materials and labor takeoffs for bids.• Interacts with customer, salesperson, and management on status of customer projects.• Follows all company safety procedures and wears personal protective gear as required.
What we offer:• Advancing your career through company provided training and development • A competitive base salary paid on a weekly basis• Nine paid holidays and paid time off program• Tuition reimbursement• Employees also participate in excellent Benefits including: Medical, dental, vision and a matching 401k plan
When you join the Rain for Rent team, you will have the opportunity to make friends in the course of doing good business and can contribute positively to your community. The choice is easy. Join the Rain for Rent team today.
Rain for Rent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.
+ Associates or better
+ One year related experience
TRADESMEN INTERNATIONAL is seeking
**Low Voltage Electricial Apprentice w/ 2+ yrs of Experience in Scottsdale, AZ.**
Pay depends on experience, varying from $18-$20.
Offering 40 hour work weeks
To apply or get more information please call us at480-736-2533or by email at.
Thank you and Be Safe!
**Posted Date** _3 hours ago_ _(11/27/2019 11:30 AM)_
**_Req ID_** _2019-255486_
**_Category_** _Electrical - Low Voltage_
Electrician · AZ
We are looking to hire an Electrician. These are commercial projects located in the Scottsdale area. All applicants must have their own personal vehicle, and be ready to work hard outside for 40+ hours a week. Running wire, conduit, setting fixtures. Company paid health benefits, company issued credit card from day one. Pay will be weekly for employee convenience and there is no one week delay! **Pay will be $18-$30 per hour. Call Jake at 816-503-2203.**
The most important aspect of our mission here at The Ultimate is to provide and maintain a culture of Safety throughout the career of our field employees. We always put Safety above all else because we put a high value on the lives of our field employees and their families. To ensure that, Ultimate provides a safe work place, free from any and all hazards on any job site that we assign a field employee to.
All of our potential field employees are required to maintain a professional attitude at all times, as well as provide quality workmanship while performing the scope of each project. The Ultimate also requires our field employees to function in a manner that will reflect on their own skills, work ethic, quality of work and professionalism that raises the value of not only the employee, but Ultimate as well.
Standards for Ultimate Employees
+ Be professional at all times
+ Dress accordingly
+ Perform the task at hand to the best of your abilities
+ Show up on time everyday
+ Show up everyday with a great attitude
**Why work for Ultimate?**
Here at The Ultimate, we don’t consider ourselves to be just another Construction Staffing Company. Most Construction Staffing Companies do not provide the following:
+ A paid referral program
+ Pay increases determined by performance, merit, attendance, attitude and overall quality of workmanship.
+ A progressive tool buying program.
+ Personalized pay cards for convenience of our Field Employees to receive their weekly pay.
+ Free OSHA 10 Hour Construction Safety Training with the option of obtaining an OSHA 30 Hour Course.
+ Regular cook outs at The Ultimate office every Friday when you receive your pay for that week, employee’s families are welcome.
+ Finally a safe, fun, family oriented work place to call home.If you see the value in working for a Great company, The Ultimate is were you belong.
Construction & Architecture