Requisition Number: 74809
We are seeking Low Voltage Sr Technical Leads who can function as Senior Technicians for a multi-year, multi-site Managed Deployment of a Unified Communications (Telecom) solution.
You will work under the direction of Insight Unified Communications (Telecom) Architects and Consultants, who are leading the Managed Deployment project. The project will deploy phones and Unified Communications (UC) equipment in approximately 250 locations. You will work primarily in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area, and are expected to live there, but must also be available to travel to deployment locations outside Phoenix and in other states (could be up to 20% of your employment hours, with travel costs covered by Insight). About 50% of your work time will be on site at customer locations, with the other 50% of your work time taking place at Insight offices (or remote, when appropriate), completing deployment documentation, training, or participating in deployment management meetings.
When on site at customer locations you will be expected to work independently, professionally, & efficiently, performing tasks that Insight Architects and Consultants have trained you to perform, in addition to low voltage tasks you are already skilled in (attaching patch cords, punching down copper conductors in telecom closets, mounting telecom equipment in racks, labeling low voltage infrastructure, et cetera). In some cases you may be expected to provide leadership for other Insight Technicians working with you on-site.
The on-site activities you will perform are of two distinct types: Site Surveys, where you will collect data on the client’s existing UC (Telecom) infrastructure and business needs, using digital (tablet or laptop based) data collection tools provided by Insight; Site Deployments, where you will place new phone sets, install UC (Telecom) appliances, inventory equipment using digital tools, and remove legacy UC (Telecom) equipment. In both cases, you will behave professionally and with confidence as you interact with the client’s employees and leadership.
The key attributes for successful candidates are: familiarity with low voltage infrastructure and terminology, confidence working with computing devices (laptops, tablets, etc.), and experience working on UC (Telecom) deployment projects. The attribute that will make you stand out as a candidate is experience leading others in the accomplishment of a goal.
Basic Skills & Requirements:
* Ability to take direction from Insight's Architect and Consultants
* Engage and collaborate with Architects, Consultants, Project Managers and Clients in planning and executing Site Survey and Site Deployment activities
* Possess the ability to plan tasks and implement them
* Familiar with the basic functioning of phones, especially Cisco phones
* May assist with technical training to all stakeholders
* Provide Installation and technical coverage
* Must have 5 yrs of direct experience with installing Digital Signage/Displays, POSs, Kiosks, VoIP phones, IP Cameras, PoE APs, Patch Panels, Data Drops and Data Jacks/plugs
* Must take pride in work, deliver excellent cable management and use sound judgment
* Must be mechanically inclined
* Must be able to operate a cordless drill and use basic hand tools
* Must have your own Windows Laptop with power supply, Email, Microsoft Suite, Internet Access, working Putty Terminal Emulator and working serial Console cable, Smartphone with Data Plan and Hotspot, Bluetooth Headset and all hand tools to perform the work. Example: Screwdrivers #1, #2 & #3 (Phillips & Straight), Cordless Drill, assorted bits, Measuring Tape, Fish Sticks, Adjustable Wrench, Assorted Socket Set, etc.
* Must be able to climb up and down on ladders
* Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to complete checklists, submit all deliverables, take before and after pictures
* Ability to follow Field Procedure and use Field Nation App
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
* Must be able to represent Insight with the utmost professionalism
* Must have a positive attitude, high energy and willingness to learn
* Must have excellent customer service skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
* Self-Starter, able to accomplish tasks in a timely manner, ability to work alone or with other crew members
* Must be able to plan ahead to determine travel time in order to report to work 15 min prior to designated time
* Represent Insight and the project well, whenever on site a client facility
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, .
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at .
* Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
* 7,400+ teammates in 19 countries providing Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
* $7.1 billion in revenue in 2018
* Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the 2018 CRN Solution Provider 500
* 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 Microsoft Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
* Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2018 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
* Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: .
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Tempe || Arizona (US-AZ) || United States (US) || INT || None || US - Tempe, AZ ||