OTTO Environmental Systems North America, Inc. is leading the nation in the manufacturing of waste containers for residential, commercial and retail markets across the United States. The original OTTO Group was founded in 1934 and is the most widely used brand of residential trash carts in the world with more than 100,000,000 carts in service around the globe. OTTO is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina; and proudly produces American made products from our plastic injection molded manufacturing plants located in Charlotte, NC and Eloy, AZ.
Now Hiring MACHINE OPERATORS for the production of OTTO 2-Wheeled Trash Carts and Waste Containers in our plastic injection molded manufacturing plant located in ELOY, ARIZONA.
Positions are now available for DAY Shift and NIGHT Shift
(12 hour shifts / 7am to 7pm OR 7pm to 7am / with 2-2-3 weekly rotation)
Production and Assembly:
* Remove injection molded products from a conveyer belt beside the injection molding machine.
* Trim excess plastic ("flash") on products when necessary using small hand tool (scrapper)
* Perform the function of "Hot-Stamping" the product by lifting the Trash Cart base to a machine which imprints the Customer name and/or Logo onto the Trash Cart
* Trash Carts are then assembled with Lid and Wheels; then stacked and plastic wrapped for shipment; then moved by pushing stacks from assembly area to finished area for forklift pickup
* Completes simple counting and reporting for production and quality control and inventory counts
* Employee will manage daily work-orders furnished in both written and verbal instructions
* Follows procedures to complete the finished product(s) to customer specifications
* Inspects product for 100% quality
* Attends all training and safety meetings
* Follows all safety guidelines including using required Personal Protective Equipment (Safety Glasses, and Shoes)
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Must read, write, understand, and follow work instructions, charts, and signs in English
* Must have basic math skills for counting, inventory and production reporting
* Must be able to work in a fast paced, manufacturing, production environment
* Dependable to adhere to schedule with prompt punctuality and excellent attendance
* Team player with a positive “can-do” attitude
* Strong attention to detail; following instructions both verbal and written
* Stable work history (no more than 3 jobs within a 5 year period with no gaps in employment for over a year excluding school, military service and/or health related absence)
* Must be able to comply with background check, references checks and pre-employment drug screening
* Must be able to provide required identification for proof of employment eligibility to complete hiring process
* Must be within a reasonable daily commute distance to the work location
* Must be able to lift and move up to 30 pounds (the maximum weight of trash cart) - repetitively – every 1 to 2 minutes - for the duration of a shift (8 hour shifts during in light production schedule / 12 hour shifts during full production schedule)
* Must be able to exert 75 to 100 pounds of push force periodically throughout the duration of the shift (move by pushing stacks of 8 to 10 Two-Wheeled Trash Carts from point A to point B (approx. 10 to 15 feet) moving from the assembly area to the staging area for forklift pickup
* Must be able to stand and move about the duration of shift; including stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, reach with hands, pull, lift, push, pick-up; may sit at break times
* Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled work environment (may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time, summer/winter temperatures)
* Must be able to tolerate moderate noise level (generated by manufacturing machines; hearing protection supplied and may be required in certain areas)
AVAILABLE SHIFT SCHEDULES:
DAY SHIFT: 7AM TO 7PM / 2-2-3 WEEKLY ROTATION
NIGHT SHIFT: 7PM TO 7AM / 2-2-3 WEEKLY ROTATION
WEEKLY ROTATION EXAMPLE:
WEEK 1: WORK 2 Days (Monday, Tuesday), OFF 2 Days (Wednesday, Thursday) , WORK 3 Days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
WEEK 2: OFF 2 Days (Monday, Tuesday), WORK 2 Days (Wednesday, Thursday), OFF 3 Day Weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
repeat Week 1 and continue...
Safety shoes or boots are required
Face-mask to assist in coronavirus/covid-19 prevention may be required
Safety glasses (required) and hearing protection are supplied
Required: Pre-Employment Background Check and Drug Screen
Required: Identification / Proof of Employment Eligibility
OTTO ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS NORTH AMERICA, INC.
The Company offers competitive pay commensurate with experience and rewards high performance.
In addition, employees enjoy a rich benefits package including:
* Affordable Pre-Tax Medical Plan with Dental, Vision and Pharmacy provisions
* Health Savings Account with Company contribution
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
* Paid Time Off Program
* Company Paid Holidays (9)
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability
* Incentive Compensation Opportunities
To be considered for this position, qualified applicants must complete our online application process and apply directly to the posted position at:
For more information about the company, visit our website:
OTTO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments ACT (ADAAA), If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance and/or reasonable accommodations by contacting the OTTO Human Resources Department at 704-588-9191.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)