CBRE Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Areas of Interest
Digital & Technology/Information Technology
Remote - US - Remote - US - United States of America
CBRE, the world’s largest commercial real estate services, and investment firm is committed to creating an amazing employee experience through its Host offering. The host sits at the intersection of cloud, architecture, IoT, and employee experience using mobile apps. We are set to change the way you interact with the space around you, and in turn, how that space morphs to fit you. Learn more at host.cbre.com.
In CBRE | Host, we’re building a leading customer experience and data-driven technology company. We measure our success by delighting our customers with great digital experiences and the advocacy they provide. Guided by our core values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective, teamwork, and respect for each other to drive superior results. We are on a constant quest to elevate each other to do the right thing for our customers to achieve their goals.
To deliver this vision, we are looking for a seasoned Senior Software Engineer to help us grow our development team as we work to expand our internal and client-facing (web and mobile) applications. This person will help lead our front-end development initiatives and help manage both infrastructure and software required for our client-facing professionals and our customers worldwide.
The team you would join is based in Dallas, Texas.
**NICE TO HAVES:**
• Experience in running and managingGitHub Actions
• Working knowledge of the cloud (AWS, Azure)
• Familiarity with Open-Source products – being a contributor is a huge plus
• Experience working with development teams in an agile environment
• Passion for innovation, you are informed about innovations, aware of the types, and willing to individually contribute to the cause
**EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:**
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) required in computer science, IS, MIS or related technology or engineering field
• 5+ years of web development experience
• 1+ years developing and architecting enterprise web solutions at scale
• Proficient in Typescript, React and oAuth2
• Proficient in instrumenting code for code coverage, events tracking, and crash analytics
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GitHub, and the Pull Request process
• Experience with Progressive Web App and IndexedDb
• Experience with building tools such as Webpack, Parcel, etc...
• Experience in web server setup (Nginx, Apache)
• Experience with testing frameworks (Cypress, Selenium, Jest, Istanbul)
• Understand CI/CD concepts with working knowledge of Azure DevOps
• Experience in enforcing coding standards and conducting code reviews
**KEY RESPONSIBILITIES** :
• Collaborating with architects, product management, and engineering teams to help define and implement innovative solutions according to product direction.
• Deliver Enterprise-class products, and well-tested and clean code
• Develop and test new enterprise application features using test-driven development
• Perform enhancements or maintenance to existing software solutions
• Monitor for, evaluate, resolve and make decisions and recommendations to remediate application production issues
• Work with Tech Leads, Product Managers, and Scrum Master to estimate, design, and build efficient, long-term business applications utilizing standards
Excellent communication skills with the ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write presentations, reports, and articles using a distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to build business relationships and partnerships, motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take the desired action.
**REASONING ABILITY: **
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert-level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
**About our team:**
We’re a product team within CBRE’s Digital and Technology group. We are uniquely positioned within the organization to access global data, tools, resources, and leaders throughout the industry. Our mission is to create value by developing targeted, highly scalable technology platforms for internal and external consumption.
We solve complex commercial real estate problems by bringing together good people, great minds, and top-tier technologies.We value good people first, and often enjoy hanging out at happy hour or other team events.
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
_NOTE:_ _An additional requirement for this role is the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing._
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)