SHELTON SERVICES LLC Tucson, AZ 85775
The Maintenance Technician is generally responsible for assisting the Maintenance Supervisor in completing tasks that ensure the community meets all safety standards, community appearance standards and that all apartments, equipment and amenities are maintained in good working order. The Maintenance Technician prepares vacant apartments for new residents, occasionally responds to and completes resident requests for maintenance and demonstrates a high-level of customer service at all times. Maintenance Technicians will perform all of their duties in compliance with all federal and state laws pertaining to the apartment industry including Fair Housing.
This position reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor (or Community Manager if community is not staffed with a Maintenance Supervisor) and has no subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- * Delivers and promotes excellent customer service and supports the resident retention and service goals of the community at all times.
* Prepares apartments for new residents by removing trash and other debris, performing maintenance, painting and cleaning within the time frames established by the community.
* Participates in maintaining community appearance by removing litter and cleaning grounds, walk ways and breezeways, parking lots and curbs, trash receptacle areas, amenities and other common areas. Paints and maintains fencing, curbs, building exteriors and common area interiors.
* Responds within 24 hours to resident requests for maintenance, troubleshoots problems and takes action to resolve maintenance issues. Cleans up work area and restores it to its original condition. Notifies residents (or ensures that residents are notified) that their requests have been completed.
* Regularly scheduled to respond to emergency maintenance requests after hours.
* Completes all administrative requirements and forms accurately and in accordance with established community deadlines (i.e. time sheets, turnover cards, on-call logs, site inspection logs, service requests, pool logs, maintenance checklists, etc.).
* Follows established procedures for accessing and returning tools and other materials from the maintenance shop. Assists Maintenance Supervisor with the inventory and ordering process when requested. Maintains, secures, organizes and cleans the shop as needed.
* Performs routine maintenance on community equipment, pools, amenities, office equipment, and tools as necessary to ensure all is in proper working order.
* Performs routine lighting inspections and replaces burnt-out bulbs as necessary.
* Participates in safety inspections and alerts supervisor of any safety hazards immediately. Complies with all safety policies including utilizing required safety equipment (i.e. back belt, safety glasses, etc.)
* Participates in all mandatory training programs.
* Responsible for possessing and maintaining personal hand tools, reporting to work on time as scheduled and in proper uniform.
* May be required to assist at other Shelton-Cook communities upon request.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- * Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and residents.
* Ability and skills to perform maintenance in any or all of the following areas: electrical, plumbing, appliance repair, carpentry, painting, pool maintenance & cleaning, carpet repair & replacement, roofing, furnace and air conditioning repair.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with persons of diverse social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
* Ability to effectively work on a team and contribute to team goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Prior maintenance experience working in the apartment industry or similar industry preferred.
2. Prior experience in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, or HVAC required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands of the job described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, bend, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle tools and controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds individually and up to 200 pounds with assistance devices (i.e. hand trucks, dollies, additional persons, etc.) Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in an outdoor environment and is exposed to adverse weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to high.