West Pharmaceutical Services Tempe, AZ 85280
This role is at our facility near the cross streets Guadalupe & Kyrene in Tempe
Working at West means having an opportunity to work by the side of our patients and customers, our global team members and the communities in which we operate - which all help contribute to a Healthier World.
At West, we are by the side of patients. The work we do impacts patients' lives each and every day - our products are a critical part of healthcare delivery and we are proud of the role we play to improve patient health. We work by the side of our team members. We come together as one global team to deliver for our customers and help them address their challenges. We are a diverse, close-knit community of professionals, where everyone has a voice and opportunity to learn and grow through mutual trust and respect. With a 95 year plus history, we have a track record for success, which includes reported sales of $1.84B in 2019. We serve by the side of our community. Giving back is in our DNA-our team members across more than 50 sites globally are involved with hundreds of charities that have special meaning to them through our West with Without Borders team member-led giving program.
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining operation efficiency of automated assembly lines. Provide support to shift operations as request by the shift leader/production manager. You must also develop long-term predictive/preventative maintenance plans for all assembly equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Logically troubleshoots and repairs the pilot assembly line and related bench top equipment.
* Assists shift lead in maintaining quality of finished product through proper machine operation.
* Responsible for maintaining spare parts inventory with a proper cataloging of parts.
* Provide a timely notification to shift lead of maintenance issues and downtime.
* Reviews line history and documentation to enhance line efficiencies. Follows escalation plan to minimize downtime.
* Maintains and updates all equipment log books with accurate repair/adjustment information.
* Interfaces daily with shift leader and technician at shift change.
* Maintains cleanliness of all equipment.
* Performs other duties as assigned based on business needs.
* Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
* Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
* Education or Equivalent Experience: 2-year technical degree.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* 2 years of experience in related industry.
* Experience in medical device industry or other regulated industry.
* Background with medical/pharmaceutical clinical trials would be a plus.
* Knowledge of quality systems requirements, FDA Quality System Regulation, cGMP and ISO 9002.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
* Must be able to work a 40-hour work week, plus overtime and/or irregular hours as required to complete assignments. May stand or sit for extended periods of time. Must transport oneself to and from other areas of the facility and travel to other divisions when necessary. Must have good visual acuity. If specifically necessitated by customer requirements, must be able to see with or without corrective lenses and distinguish color differences for product and safety issues.
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please send an email to . Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.