Liberty Diversified International Phoenix, AZ 85011
Assistant Machine Operator - Corrugated
Manufacturing and Operations
3330 W. Cocopah Street, Phoenix, AZ
As the Assistant Machine Operatorwith Liberty Packaging Phoenix, you will be assisting in the production of corrugated product using manufacturing equipment and machinery including set-up, operation, and cleanup.
This full-time position reports directly to the Production Managerand is located at Liberty Packaging’s manufacturing plant in Phoenix, Arizona.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
* Assist in set up machine based on job specifications (print plates, cutting dies, ink and raw material)
* Feed machine with raw material
* Assist operator with running orders on corrugated machinery
* Perform product quality checks for sheet and print quality based on order specifications using measuring tools and ink swatches.
* Assist in troubleshooting and fixing any non-conformance issues
* Placed finished product on pallets and verify load quantities and tags are correct of finished product
* Assist in preparing machine for upcoming orders (adjust side rails, stage ink and print plates, verify raw material)
* Ensure all PPE is being worn at all times
* Follow all safety standards established for each machine
* Submit STOP cards identifying safety hazards
* Minimum of 1 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
* Prefer machine operation experience
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
* Basic computer skills
* Basic math skills (add/subtract/multiply)
* Ability to work in a non-climate controlled and physical work environment. (up/down stairs, lift up to 30 lbs., stand for long periods of time, bending and stooping)
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Liberty Packaging is a nationwide network of packaging companies providing supply chain solutions. Liberty Packaging is committed to providing customers with excellence in packaging solutions and service. Our corrugated manufacturing facilities allow us to create and produce a wide range of innovative corrugated products to meet our customer's needs from brown shipping boxes to sophisticated die-cut boxes, high graphic packaging and promotional packaging.
As part of the Liberty Diversified International (LDI) family of companies, Liberty Packaging has locations in the Twin Cities, Omaha, Quad Cities, San Diego, Phoenix, Dallas/Fort Worth, Mexicali and Tijuana. The LDI family of companies includes Liberty Packaging, Liberty Paper, Liberty Plastics (Custom SolutionsandQuarrix Building Products) and Safco.
◊ ◊ ◊
Liberty Diversified International is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.