Banner Health Sun City, AZ 85387
This position is responsible for electrical maintenance, construction, and repair including but not limited to switchboards, lighting devices, and modification of existing electrical instillations to the medical center electrical distribution system. Oversees the electrical work conducted throughout the facility to ensure compliance with the National Electrical Code. Reviews contracted electrical work for code compliance and compatibility to existing electrical components. Conducts regular tests and maintains all required documentation for the operation of the hospital emergency generators. Works with and assists other trades in completing required tasks.
* Installs, designs, and maintains new electrical wiring, panel boards, switchgear, fuses, lighting fixtures and their associated control circuits, heating devices, motors and motor control centers. Ensures strict adherence to all safety rules and regulations. Performs electrical duties working on various voltages up to 480v. Keeps the designated Facilities Services manager informed as to the needs and / or changes required to keep the facilities electrical systems operating in a safe and well maintained condition.
* Maintains, repairs, and modifies electrical circuits utilizing various meters and test equipment. Coordinates the preventative maintenance of all electrical distribution systems, including the emergency generators in order to ensure the integrity and reliability of the emergency electrical distribution system. Monitors and modifies the electrical PM program to assure maximum effectiveness; provides all required and appropriate documentation.
* As assigned, works with all other divisions and departments to meet the facility electrical maintenance, installation and construction needs; negotiates priorities, plans work schedules and job assignments. Orders needed material, parts and supplies. Recommends use of outside electrical specialty contractors as appropriate. Oversees and monitors outside electrical specialty contractors to assure compliance with established hospital standards
* Troubleshoots and monitors electrical maintenance repair work, alterations and renovation upgrades to the facilities electrical systems. As assigned, monitors electrical construction, installation and commissioning activities. Monitors systems and installation processes to ensure the integrity of assigned Life Safety systems.
* Instructs personnel regarding electrical hazards and electrical safety to ensure safe procedures and safe use of equipment. Provides guidance, direction and oversight for electrical training. Reviews and selects continuing educational materials and offerings for electrical training.
* Maintains stock levels of materials and parts at an appropriate level within budgetary constraints. Maintains electrical repair and replacement schedules and records to keep within the projected budget. Reviews materials to ensure the quality of all components for electrical installations during construction and remodel projects. Provides input to the designated Facilities Services manager.
* Maintains facility compliance with all applicable Authorities Having Jurisdiction including local, state, federal and all other regulatory codes pertaining to any and all components of the facilities electrical distribution systems. Attends annual code compliance and update training.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Must have a current electrician's license as required by the state or applicable authorities having jurisdiction. Requires working knowledge and certification as required of applicable regulatory codes and State and local building codes.
Some facilities or departments, depending on business need, may require proof of a valid drivers license and eligibility for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
The position requires knowledge and skills normally attained with six years of diversified work experience as an electrician, and the ability to demonstrate advanced skills in the field of electricity. Must have working knowledge of electrical systems and components common to the healthcare environment. Must be able to exercise independent decision making and judgment in the performance of all duties. Requires the ability to work safely and effectively with all voltages up to 480v. May require high voltage certification for some work assignments. Must be proficient in reading and understanding related and required maintenance and construction documents. Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
Must be able to work effectively with commonly used office software programs.
Prefer a Master Electrician's license if offered by the state.Previous construction experience is preferred. 5-7 years of previous healthcare facility work experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.