Northern Arizona Healthcare Cottonwood, AZ 86326
Performs technical, clerical, and distributive pharmacy functions under the direction of a licensed pharmacist.
Patient Care * Performs basic calculations for compounding and order processing with accuracy.
* Communicates with patient care units to ensure efficient drug distribution.
* Aseptically prepares total parenteral nutrition solutions, injectable chemotherapy, antibiotics, and other medications for injectable therapy.
* Performs bulk compounding and repackaging activities in accordance with generally accepted pharmacy guidelines. (USP795, Local, State and Federal rules and regulations).
* Delivers medications to patient care units and processes returns.
* Processes floor stock including automated distribution and stock carts.
* Fills unit dose carts or Pyxis for patient medication distribution.
* Provides general assistance and support to pharmacist staff including filling orders and preparing labels.
* Restocks pre-hospital care boxes and other kits.
Compliance/Safety * Responsible for reporting any safety related incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
* Adheres to regulatory and organizational standards affecting patient care and safety as well as all hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Practices in a safe and cost effective manner.
* Stays current and complies with state and federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employees area of responsibility.
* Ensures all certifications and/or licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
* Completes all company mandatory modules and required job specific training in the specified time frame.
* Completes assigned station checks thoroughly each month and as needed.
* Demonstrates initiative to maintain and enhance knowledge and skills required for unit.
* Answering phones. Checking and responding to emails each shift.
* Assures ADT (Admission, Discharge and Transfer) notification handling.
* Processes patient charges and credits.
* Distributes controlled substances appropriately.
* Processes, receives, and correctly distributes wholesale orders to inventory.
* Assists new technicians with their orientation and training.
High School Diploma or GED- Required Certification & Licensures
Licensed with State Board of Pharmacy- Required
Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board- Required
3 months to 1 year- Preferred
Requisition ID: 2020-7249
Street: 269 S, Candy Ln
Experience: Arizona Pharmacy Tech License required
Full Name: First Last: DAWN JOHNSON
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org