Schneider Electric USA, Inc Phoenix, AZ 85098
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.Our 13 5 ,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment . https://youtu.be/4EtpkB0cuXE
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric Engineering Services, LLC is focused on helping facilities manage their energy and solve complex power system issues that may involve equipment, automation, or the utilities. We have the following position available in Phoenix, Arizona: Senior Power Systems Engineer
What do you get to do in this position?
* S/he will perform and automate commissioning, and power system design and consultation for customers.
* S/he will also execute electrical distribution design, Protection, Control, and Automation (PCA), equipment assessments, power quality and grounding assessments.
* S/he will execute short-circuit, time-current coordination, arc flash hazard, load flow, voltage drop, and motor starting studies, for industrial, commercial, and institutional customers. S/he will involve in technical mentorship and work review of junior engineers.
* S/he will engage in field site visits to construction sites and existing facilities. S/he will test and commission programmable logic controllers and multifunction relays in the field.
* Travel 30% within the U.S. to project sites. 70% Telecommuting.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do no t necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
* This position requires a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering and two years of work experience in electric power systems OR a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and five years of progressive work experience in electric power systems.
* Also must have 2 years of work experience within an NEC, NFPA 70E, IEEE, ANSI, NESC standards:
1.) Executing power system models using ETAP, SKM, (PowerTools for Windows), Cyme and/or EasyPower analysis software;
2.) Developing and updating electrical drawings and system one-line drawings in AutoCAD;
3.) Programming and testing SEL/SEPAM/GE Multilin relays for different protection schemes;
4.) On-site commissioning and design of Auto Throw-Over (ATO) schemes using relays and PLCs;
5.) Utilizing MS office applications; and
6.) Engineering power systems protection/controls.
Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers .
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric. https://youtu.be/C7sogZ_oQYg
This position is covered by our company's Employee Referral Program. Any applicant who is interested in this position or who was referred to this position may apply by submitting a complete resume in English through this site.