Universal Forest Products Chandler, AZ 85286
The CNC Programmer is responsible for the management and execution of customer
quotations, including the selection of tooling, determination of programming component
geometry of parts. Is also responsible for the setup, operation, and making complex cuts on
the CNC Machine Tool Wood Router maximizing cuts and yields.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; some creativity and latitude is
expected; works under the supervision of a manager.
· Reads and analyzes job orders, prints, drawings and customer specifications.
· Works with sales and industrial specialists to insure that customer requirements are met.
· Programs the CNC Machine Router.
· Works with plant and operations employees on storage methods of raw materials.
· Prepares spoil boards for use and manages operations when they are to be changed and replaced
· Determines how work pieces are to be clamped or help during machine processing cycles such
o Spoil board and flow through vacuum hold down methods
o Dedicated fixtures
o Risers and or pods
· Determines the proper type of tool cutting bit to be used in the routing/boring/pocketing
· Utilizes tools such as touch probes, calibration programs, and height gages to set machine
tools for tool changes and cutting processes
· Orders tooling
· Storaes programming files and is responsible for file management
· Checks processed lumber to ensure operation is producing to required job specifications.
· Directs and trains other employees working on the machine, as needed
· Performs minor preventive maintenance and repairs as specified.
· Manages the productivity of the machine center.
· Identifies, researches, and resolves various problems and opportunities.
· Evaluates performance of individuals operating the equipment.
· Manages activities and performs duties consistent with all UFP policies, procedures, and applicable
· Communicates to employees and other management members as required.
· Manages cost and profitability of the machine center.
· Leads employees in continuous improvement and safety initiatives.
· Prepares reports and maintains records as required.
· Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled