Amazon.com Services Inc. Tempe, AZ 85280
Are you passionate about creating both the best buying AND selling experience on the internet? Would you enjoy being able to tell your friends your team shipped code that made buying on Amazon easier and safer in your first few weeks? As a Software Development Engineer on the Customer Trust and Partner Services team you will be actively working on systems and features that accomplish this for buyers and sellers on Amazon.com everyday.
Who you are: You're a a technical leader with the prowess to deliver world-class software. You have great intuition - Amazon teams run like businesses giving you the ownership, allowing you as an engineer to be responsible for the technical solutions that deliver exceptional customer experience.
The Seller Trust team is geared to protect Amazon customers (Buyers, Brand owners and Sellers) from bad actors, abuse and fraud. We realize that the future of Marketplace - and Amazon - is increasing trust across all facets of the buying and fulfillment experience. Our vision is to provide Buyers and Sellers with the most trusted experience, exempt from performance gaps, abuse and negative post-purchase experiences.
We will be delivering a wide range of automation and experiences using massive datasets and distributed frameworks. You will develop high performance applications and services to facilitate the world's largest selection to millions of customers. We will learn from existing data through machine learning and build targeted solutions that help Sellers improve their performance and maintain the excellent Customer Experience that meets our Marketplace bar.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
* At least 4+ years of software development experience.
* Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems.
* Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++ or other object-oriented programming languages.
* Strong Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complex analysis.
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
* Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
* Experience in communicating with customers, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.