Mercury Systems Phoenix, AZ 85011
In this role, you have the opportunity to
You will design, develop, test, and maintain software for Mercury storage products with a focus on device drivers while serving as the teams Linux authority.
You are responsible for
* Design and implementation of device drivers for Mercury storage (terrestrial and space) products.
* Maintaining existing device drivers.
* Participation in the design, development, testing, and documentation of future device drivers.
* Development of manufacturing test methods and scripts.
* Design and implementation of embedded software for Mercury storage products.
* Creating, deploying, and documenting Linux builds.
* Writing reusable, testable and efficient code.
You are a part of
An engineering team dedicated to delivering reliable storage products to our customers.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
* Experience developing software (5 years)
* Experience in C and C++ (3 years)
* Experience developing and troubleshooting device drivers (SSD kernel driver preferred)
* Experience in Linux embedded systems development.
* Experience creating and maintaining driver interfaces.
* Experience building and deploying Linux (2 years).
* Experience working with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, JTAG, and other hardware test equipment.
* Experience reading schematics, data sheets, and other hardware and software specifications and standards.
* Experience writing scripts to automate processes (TCL, Python preferred).
* Experience using multiple IDE's.
* Experience using software revision control systems, Bit Bucket or GIT preferred (4 years)
* Strong debugging skills.
* Good time management, communication (verbal & written), decision-making, and organization skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
* Bachelor's Degree Engineering (Software Engineering preferred).
Why should you join Mercury Systems?
Mercury Systems is leading Commercial Provider of secure sensor and mission processing subsystems. We are pioneering a next generation defense electronics business model specifically designed to meet the current industry's current and emerging technology needs. The size and makeup of our organization enable forward thinking, entrepreneurial professionals thrive and prosper.
We are committed to making Mercury a great place to work, no matter where our employees are located. We offer a casual and enjoyable atmosphere that allows employees to learn and grow. We help and care for one another and work as one to achieve results for us and for our customers. We value communication and transparency, and strive to foster two-way dialogue at all levels of the organization. We are committed to lifelong learning, offering comprehensive skills training and tuition reimbursement. Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional, it's important to us that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
To find out more about what it's like working at Mercury, visit the or find answers to general questions at
Mercury Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mercury Systems is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
read about our recent press release and how Mercury Systems was named to Fortune Magazine's list of 100 Fastest-Growing Companies.
Click Here to learn about OFCCP
U.S. Citizenship Required
Yes - Position requires access to export controlled data