The Salvation Army USA Western Territory Phoenix, AZ 85011
WAREHOUSE MAINTENANCE TECH
LOCATION: Herberger Center - Phoenix, Arizona
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Maintenance Manager
STATUS: FT / 40 hours/wk.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* 2 years maintenance/warehouse experience
* Able to work with minimal supervision
* Excellent customer service skills
* Must be OSHA forklift certified.
* Must have current Arizona Driver's License
* Ability to pass a PTM background check
* Ability to act in a professional manner with a good attitude and language conducive to The Salvation Army's mission.
* Clean warehouse spaces daily.
* Organize and maintain warehouse for optimal storage and program utilization.
* Clean and provide maintenance upkeep of the Warehouse, delivery vehicles and warehouse equipment.
* Maintain orderly storage of all food products and other materials in the proper areas, including commodities.
* Generate and maintain inventory logs for all materials, equipment and properties passing through or being store in the warehouse.
* Assist volunteers with the sorting and boxing of food as requested.
* Assist with water management for Heat Relief & Christmas distribution.
* Maintain proper storage of all Christmas items in their assigned area.
* Assist with the purging and storing of DHQ documents, and maintain security of all warehouse cages.
* Assist with picking up, delivering and distributing donations as assigned.
* Assist with special events and programs by helping to manage warehouse space & use.
* Assist with maintenance projects as assigned, including light plumbing, carpentry, electrical, HVAC, painting, drywall, etc.
* Assist with Emergency Services as needed and assigned.
* Pick up morning mail from PO Box and deliver to DHQ mail room.
* Other duties as assigned by the Divisional Property Coordinator as they relate to the position.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)