Materion Tucson, AZ 85775
Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics , telecommunications , commercial aerospace , defense , medical , automotive , and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable customers' technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world's only integrated "mine-to-mill" supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,700 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, check out our video " Materion Is " along with other videos https://www.youtube.com/user/MaterionVideos/playlists of us showing you how we're Making a Difference our shared purpose of" Making Advanced materials that Improve the World."
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position requires a vigorous safety orientation and application of advanced electrical / electronic skills. It includes a variety of objectives such as keeping electrical equipment and control instruments in good repair and safe operating condition; installing and maintaining complex electrical equipment; setting up, adjusting, and maintaining process control equipment; developing and designing electrical and electronic circuits, diagrams, and schematics for existing equipment upgrades and modifications; and assisting with mechanical maintenance involving new equipment installation and facility improvements or additions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develops or designs electronic circuits for equipment or system upgrades and modifications; designs electrical diagrams and schematics for facility modifications, equipment installations, and new facilities
* Develops programs for microprocessor/computer based process controllers to perform to process specifications; troubleshoots and repairs control circuits to maintain on-line service of controllers
* Installs, troubleshoots, makes alterations, and maintains panels and related equipment including control and all types of starting equipment, relays, contractors, variable speed controllers, furnace and heating circuits, and all types of transformers and safety indicators
* Builds new instrument or electrical systems from sketches, diagrams, or prints
* Determines if electrical equipment is safe to run and recommends what needs to be done to make the equipment safe to operate
* Troubleshoots plant power distribution from incoming transformers and MCC panels through service voltage outlets insuring that electrical all code provisions are followed
* Willing to perform general maintenance assignments and exhibit above average mechanical ability for trouble shooting and repair; perform routinely assigned specific PMs
* Comfortable wearing all forms of personal protective equipment devices such as respirators and protective gloves, work shoes, and eyewear
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* High school education with advanced training in electrical maintenance, electronics, and / or AS in Manufacturing Sciences or related field
* Able to work with minimum supervision, demonstrates independent thinking and problem solving
* Able to effectively train others and help develop co-worker skills; prior supervisory experience a plus
* Working knowledge of hydraulics, vacuum systems, and CNC equipment a significant plus.
* Familiar with general requirements of NFPA 70E and NEC as pertaining to industrial installations and safe work practices
* Versed in operation and programming of PLC's, HMI's, machine control I/O, and communication protocols-- Intranet, DH 485, Serial, TCP/IP etc.; specific knowledge of GE Proficy Machine Edition, A/B Micrologix, Control Logix, and Programmable Relays helpful. Must understand stepper and servo motor control loops
* Able to read and interpret Electrical Schematics and maintaining accuracy and archives
* Familiar with Analog Devices and able to trouble shoot controls utilizing levels, flows, speeds, feeds, and positioning
* Familiar with Heat Control, High Temperature Ovens, and Analog Signal Controlled SCR's used to control voltage and current
* Understand Transformer Theory; able to set and understand multi-tap applications using low voltage high current
* Ability to work with older technology as well as new and to work with the focus of continuous improvement to reduce downtime, increase equipment repeatability and reliability
* Familiar with common production support equipment such as air compressors, chillers, tower / process cooling, process and sump pumps
* Able to work with computers-Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, various industrial software programs