Georgia Pacific Tolleson, AZ 85353
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacifichas openings forProduction Workersat our new facility in Phoenix, AZ (Tolleson, AZ). Quality Control Technicians help maintain constant quality during production and guide workflow by monitoring the packaging work force and helping employees in the department perform their duties correctly. Quality Control Technicians enable the converting team to operate at or above designated run speeds using the lean personnel packaging model provided in the training procedures. These are developmental positions with growth potential in the facility as well as across Georgia-Pacific. We are working rotating 24x7 shifts, with a 7-day break in every 28-day period. We offer competitive compensation with the opportunity to earn overtime, health and dental benefits programs, paid time off/holidays and a 401k with an employer match. Come join our team!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Verifying that all materials are correct and accounted for on all jobs based on the envelope format being produced and as instructed by the line operator.
* Performing and maintaining department quality as required by standard operating procedures.
* Monitoring and directing material packers within assigned line sector.
* Working with designated line material packers to maintain a harmonious work environment. The expectation is that issues will be mitigated through teamwork and any concerns will be promptly addressed and resolved or escalated to upper management.
* Printing labels when needed and maintaining pallet flags as required.
* Maintaining an open dialogue with supervision and other employees to minimize delays.
* Updating upcoming shift so information is passed on accurately.
* Maintaining a clean working environment.
* Monitor all jobs for manufacturing defects and report any non-conformance issues.
* Monitor packaging for SOP defects and correct and report any non-conformance issues.
* Comply and see that sector employees comply with ALL standard operational procedures.
* Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned.
What You Will Need:
* High School diploma or GED
* Availability to work any shift, holidays and overtime as needed
* Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
What Will Put You Ahead?
* 1+ years of experience operating production machinery
* Experience performing quality checks according to standard operating procedures
* Clamp truck certification
* Experience working in a converting operation
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf