Materion Tucson, AZ 85775
Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics , telecommunications , commercial aerospace , defense , medical , automotive , and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable our customers' technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world's only integrated "mine-to-mill" supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,600 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, check out our video " Materion Is " along with other videos https://www.youtube.com/user/MaterionVideos/playlists of us showing you how we're Making a Difference our shared purpose of" Making Advanced materials that Improve the World."
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, this position will operate specific machining equipment in the Large Press Machining work area; it will support the machining process and the success of the team by operating the equipment in a safe and mechanically responsible manner, working diligently to produce high-quality parts in a timely manner, and collaborating with others in the work area to maintain a friendly, respectful, and productive work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Operate all necessary equipment and machines as directed and with a minimum of quality problems
* Maintain positive workplace relationships with other employees
* Work to develop skills such that advancement to the next higher position is possible within 2-3 years
* Assist with other production line activities where trained and as needed
* Assist in cleanup activities; take the initiative to ensure that cleanliness and good housekeeping practices are followed
* Work independently as needed and ensure timely completion of assigned tasks
* Work effectively with employees in other work areas as assigned and support the overall operating objectives within the Production Department
* Follow detailed parts routing instructions and ensure that the processing requirements in those documents are completed to the exact standards specified
* Clean the machine and immediate area after each use
* Record all process data as required by standard operating procedures
* Troubleshoot minor problems with the equipment
* Inspect parts both visually and dimensionally, use proper measuring equipment
* Interpret visual specifications to recognize and classify defective material
* Perform testing and inspection of materials and/or parts throughout the processing sequence
* Comply with all PPE and job or area-specific workplace safety requirements
* Must use proper lifting and handling techniques to avoid overexertion or repetitive motion injury
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
EDUCATION, ABILITY, and/or EXPERIENCE:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 1-2 Years experience working with manufacturing machines and equipment
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
* Demonstrate basic mechanical aptitude and understanding of proper machine operation
* Perform basic mathematical calculations and demonstrate reasoning ability
* Read and correctly use micrometers, calipers, or other measuring devices and interpret related data
* Perform basic computer data entry, able to make payroll, machine time, or SAP entries as necessary
* Read and understand shop packets, routing instructions, or other verbal or written instructions
* Able to understand product quality concepts, demonstrate knowledge of material defect identification and terminology
* Able to demonstrate sufficient English communication skills including written (spelling, grammar, structure, clarity) and oral (concise, clear, relevant, organized)
* Willingness and ability to work safely and follow all Company safety policies or procedures
SPECIAL POSITION CONSIDERATIONS:
* Comfortable wearing all forms of personal protective equipment devices such as respirators and protective apparel such as gloves, work shoes, and eyewear
* Able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 30 pounds for up to 20 feet
* Able to walk or stand for long periods and up to 2 hours at a time
* Must maintain consistent attendance as scheduled to support business and operational needs