Uber Phoenix, AZ 85004
About the Role
At Uber, we strive for excellence in everything we do. For this reason, whenever we launch a new support channel we first pilot it within the Center of Excellence. Risk & Compliance is a critical part of Uber's success, working with stakeholders across the business to ensure compliance with regulatory standards, and facilitating the completion of short-term processes or optimization of long-term initiatives.We're looking for an effective manager with functional expertise to take this team to the next level. The right candidate for this role is an analytical thinker with excellent time management and interpersonal skills. In this role, the ability to clearly communicate and partner with stakeholders at all levels of the business is a must. Most meaningfully, we're looking for someone who is excited to build and is not afraid to challenge the status quo. This is a people management role. As a leader of this team, you must balance managing the program with building and developing a new team.
What You'll Do
* Drive strategy for various compliance projects (document processing, airport compliance, background checks) with buy-in from functional and leadership stakeholders
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to facilitate project planning, solutioning and program implementation
* Set up career development plans that guide your team of Project Specialists. You will be managing up to 10 Project Specialists, who will each be owning and executing processes, daily tasks, and projects.
* Build 3-5 well-defined quarterly goals for each of your direct reports (Project Specialists) that allows fair, consistent, and objective evaluation of their performance
* Drive analysis and make strategic recommendations to improve project health
* Estimate work efforts, define milestones, and manage resources accordingly. Track progress, understand dependencies and communicate timelines and any deviation from deadlines to senior management and program stakeholders.
* Analyze the performance of your team and provide consistent and constructive feedback to your Program Specialists to help them grow and develop in both their strengths and opportunities
* Responsible for identifying trends within your team's performance as well as overall support trends
* Minimum of 5 years of operations experience, leading teams and driving process improvements
* Minimum of 3 years experience within operations, project/program management, analytics, and/or driving process improvements
* Experience working in a fast-paced or growth centric environment
* 1 year of experience leading teams
* Absolute team player and ability to bring different opinions to a consensus
* Strong communication, presentation and organization skills - ability to reduce complex and complicated information into clear messages
* Strong multitasking and prioritization skills
* Balance attention to detail with swift execution
* Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate, and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
* Prior experience in a heavily regulated industry or compliance-related field
* Certifications in project management or continuous improvement methodologies
About the Team
Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing(https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).