Versum Materials Tempe, AZ 85280
Versum Materials, a part of the Performance Materials business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, is a best-in-class electronic materials company providing high-purity chemicals and gases, delivery systems, services and materials expertise to meet the evolving needs of the global semiconductor, display and LED markets.
The Warehouse Technician will act as a Shipping/Receiving Coordinator. The position is accountable for all incoming and outgoing shipments of materials at the Parkway site including all the associated documentation/tracking requirements. In addition, the Shipping/Receiving Coordinator is responsible for coordinating items being received and shipped with the corresponding parties to ensure proper procurement of all materials.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITY INCLUDE:
* Perform work duties in accordance with safety & quality policies and according to site specific requirements.
* Load/unload shipments of incoming/outgoing materials using a forklift, pallet jack or other material handling equipment.
* Coordinate shipping and receiving activities with other groups to ensure minimal impact and operational continuity.
* Develop skills to operate all equipment used in the department in a safe manner.
* Assist in generating and revising SOPs as needed using the Management of Change process.
* Represent the company in a professional manner on a daily basis with the customers, suppliers, the public and other employees.
* Contribute to continuous improvement in safety, quality and work efficiency.
* Responsible for procurement of all materials directly related to shipping/receiving activities.
* Ensures all items received by the facility are properly documented as outlined in the ISO/receiving inspection procedures. Address any discrepancies in a timely fashion.
* Prints, verifies accuracy and files bills of lading accordingly.
* Performs daily confirmation of shipments and generate daily pass down information to defined parties.
* Assist in manufacturing processes as required.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION DESIRED:
1. Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
2. Prior career experience of minimum 2 years in shipping/receiving role and/or equivalent experience.
3. Basic knowledge of computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel, data entry, ERP systems and Outlook.
4. Basic knowledge of industrial manufacturing / shipping procedures, including use of personal computers and or data entry.
5. Good communication skills, both oral and written.
6. Basic Math Skills
Versum Materials offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, 401K plans.
If you are a current Versum Materials employee, please apply via online by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Versum Materials, will be contacted.
Versum Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Auto req ID
WAREHOUSE TECHNICIAN | Versum