Vertex Aerospace LLC Yuma, AZ 85365
Engineering Technician IV (Engineering Support) SCA Code 30084 (Technical/Training)
Vertex Aerospace is redefining the mid-level aerospace market with our agility, rapid deployment capability, and customized quality. Our international presence and a vast range of services distinguished us from competitors. We offer our customers a variety of global aerospace support, including Systems Integration, Fabrication, Contractor Operated and Maintained Base Supply, Engineering, Maintenance, Modification, Repair, and Overhaul, Training Support, and all levels of Maintenance. For over forty years, we have delivered high-quality aftermarket aerospace services that are affordable and customer-focused.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Provide technical guidance and information in the evaluation of unusual maintenance problems.
* Provide guidance and instruction on the use of associated special tools and test equipment.
* Emphasize safety precautions to be taken in all training provided.
* Demonstrate the best method of installing modifications, retro-fit kits, etc.
* Render technical guidance to resolve difficult and unusual maintenance problems through reach-back to OEM engineering (through a subcontract with OEM or partnership with the FST)
* Provide an analysis of maintenance difficulties and advise on the establishment of changes to maintenance, inspection, and training programs designed to improve the quality of maintenance.
* Provide technical information related to maintenance and operational problems. Communicate issues within the aviation community that is applicable to the T/AV-8B program and promptly inform the COR of this issue.
* Provide a liaison through which information related to installation kit, check out procedures and related data problems can be quickly relayed to the vendor for correction and/or resolution.
* Provide guidance to maintenance personnel in preparing failure data, unsatisfactory reports, and trend analysis.
* Validate that technical assistance and training is documented in the Naval Air Technical Engineering Command (NATEC) Electronic Local Area Request Solutions (ELAR) database.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Provide training (on-site classroom and on-the-job) to military and civilian personnel. The training includes maintenance and operation techniques pertaining to adjustment, calibration, troubleshooting, bench check, routine maintenance, inspection, and repair of the assigned system/equipment, including related control equipment. Training shall support T/AV-8B technical training needs and respond to the unit needs within one working day.
* Devise local training course outlines, lesson plans, and written examinations, including guidance to military and civilian personnel of the Department of Defense in identifying needed training programs.
* Provide a monthly informational copy of the training outlines, lesson plans, and written examinations to the COR.
* Provide at a minimum the following training:
* Provide support and training for the T/AV-8B AV in the following areas, but not limited to: Communication, navigation, radar, stores management, angle rate bombing, mission computer, multipurpose display, stability augmentation, departure resistance, engine and fuel indicating, power distribution, electronic countermeasures, and related SE.
* Provide support and training for the T/AV-8B AF in the following areas, but not limited to: the AV-8B/TAV-8B aircraft airframe and associated engine interface, control surface rigging, fuel, and nozzle actuation systems, environmental control including OBOGS, landing and arresting gear, composite repair, non-destructive inspection, and corrosion control, anti-skid, ejection seat, vibration analysis, and associated SE.
Professional Requirements, Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
High School Diploma + 4 years related AV-8B experience
This position does not currently require a Security Clearance, but candidates must be able to obtain/maintain a secret clearance which requires US Citizenship and must be additional security background checks
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)