National Express Corporation Tucson, AZ 85775
Totalride / Total Transit a subsidiary of National Express LLC (NELLC) is the North American subsidiary of National Express Group, PLC, one of the premier transportation firms in the United Kingdom. National Express Transit (NEXT) is the transit division of National Express LLC and is a rapidly growing provider of transit, paratransit, and shuttle services for transit authorities, municipalities and other clients across the United States. National Express Transit operations transport more than 22 million passengers annually with more than 2,800 vehicles. All of our divisions share a strong commitment to provide the highest level of transportation safety, quality transportation, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations.
* Provides safe and reliable transportation service to passengers by operating position specific vehicles which may include sedans, vans, paratransit vans, taxi-cabs, shuttles.
* Reports any maintenance problems to Maintenance in accordance with Company procedure and does not operate an unsafe vehicle.
* Reports to duty on time and maintains assigned route on time but in a safe manner.
* Physically assists passengers in evacuation of the vehicle in case of emergency.
* Immediately reports any accident or incident per Company policy.
* Exercises passenger and/or student management per Company policy.
* Informs all appropriate personnel of problems/procedures.
* Keeps the interior of the assigned vehicle clean and presentable.
* Presents a neat and professional personal appearance at all times.
* Ensures vehicle is properly fueled according to facility procedures.
* Completes all required paperwork (including route change sheets, time cards, vehicle repair requests) and submits to the appropriate authority in a timely manner.
* Maintains a cooperative attitude with fellow employees, supervisors, customers, and passengers while always promoting company goodwill.
* Prepares vehicle for inclement weather conditions, including scraping or cleaning windows, applying tire chains.
* Safely and efficiently utilizes vehicle equipment, including wheelchair lifts, radios and emergency equipment.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Additional responsibilities for our Paratransit Drivers may apply per location requirements and include but are not limited to:
* Must have experience transporting senior and/or disabled citizens in accordance with pre-arranged appointments/schedules
* Must be able to provide individualized assistance/accommodation to senior and or disabled passengers by utilizing wheelchair lifts, seats and other special access necessary to effect a safe, secure and comfortable ride
* Must ensure that individuals with disabilities have adequate time to complete boarding or disembarking from the vehicle
* Previous experience as a Paratransit Driver recommended
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Must possess, or be able to obtain, all valid applicable state license and other required certifications to operate company vehicles.
* Must meet physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening; as a safety-sensitive employee, will be subject to random substance abuse screening under Company policy.
* Must satisfactorily complete and pass all training and attend safety meetings and in-service meetings in order to remain qualified.
* Extensive knowledge of traffic rules and regulations.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to lift and assist passengers when necessary.
* Must have a high degree of attention and considerable dexterity in the control of vehicles such as sedans, vans, paratransit vans, limousines, taxi-cabs, shuttles, transit buses, school buses, and/or motor coaches.
* Must practice defensive driving at all times and avoid vehicular and industrial accidents by practicing safe driving and work habits.
* Compliance with all applicable company, federal, state, county, district, and contract specific Driver requirements.
Note: All interested applicants for a Transit Driver position begin with us as a Driver Trainee. The best-trained drivers in the business work for us because we devote a significant amount of resources, training and development to our employees. Upon successful completion of our training program and successful completion of all necessary requirements for the position, individuals are placed in a Driver role.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Company name is : Totalride / Total Transit
Job: Driver US Transit
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Tucson
Employee Status Regular
Job Level Driver or Bus Assistant
Job Shift Day Job
Req ID: 202322