Atkore International Phoenix, AZ 85011
Atkore International Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Electrical Raceway products, primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products & Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission is to be the customer’s first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.9 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1.4B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $500M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 66 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 4,000 employees.
Allied Tube and Conduit – a part of Atkore – currently has an opening for Electrician workers at our Phoenix, AZ plant. The position will have broad responsibility for electrical trouble shooting, preventive maintenance and project work. This position will work 2 and 3 shift and flexibility will be required dependent on projects and workload.
Job Responsibility Electrician Position:
An electrician is expected to perform the following:
1. Troubleshoot and repair electrical and electronic malfunctions on any plant machine or related equipment.
2. Align, adjust, and calibrate electrical and electronic equipment.
3. Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
4. Replace and repair defective parts, reassemble device and test for proper performance.
5. Install electrical circuits following blueprints and schematic diagrams. Design and install own electrical/electronic circuit diagrams as needed.
6. Inspect and repair circuits and wiring for specified shielding and grounding. Repair and rewire systems according to building codes and safety regulations. Plan and install conduit runs.
7. Repair mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic components of electrical and electronic equipment.
8. Use precision measuring and testing devices and equipment.
9. Perform construction and rigging as required.
10. Build, design, and repair induction heating and High Frequency (HF) work coils.
11. Monitor and maintain zinc pot temperatures. Prepare for and repair zinc pots as needed.
12. Perform work through the work order system. Record work performed and materials used.
13. Must be able to work in elevated and difficult positions.
14. Work with little or no supervision. Assist in training as directed.
15. Operate lift trucks and powered lifts as required.
16. Research, design and order all electrical/electronic devices, materials, and components necessary for projects, equipment maintenance, and repair or directed by your supervisor.
Previous Electrical work experience in Maintenance department.
Associates degree for Electrical program.
Manufacturing work environment experience preferred.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore’s culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer’s experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that’s how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to strive for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently live the Atkore mission, learn our strategic priorities and link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that’s consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, a generous maternity/paternity leave, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)