Oracle Tucson, AZ 85702
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
*Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.*
*Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)*
*Member of Technical Staff (IC2)*
*Santa Clara, Redwood City or Seattle*
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure for the cloud? *Oracle Cloud Infrastructure* (OCI) is building a next generation cloud platform that supports the most demanding mission-critical customer requirements, operating at global scale to provide a secure, distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment.
Our mission is to provide our customers with best in class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever-expanding set of foundational cloud-based services.
*Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Data Flow* is a fully managed big data service that lets you run Apache Spark applications with no infrastructure to deploy or manage. It lets you deliver big data and AI applications faster because you can focus on your applications without getting distracted by operations.
We are looking for hands-on engineers with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in many areas such as distributed systems, virtualized infrastructure, specialized high-performance hardware and highly available services. If this is you, at OCI Data Flow is an opportunity to design and build our innovative new services and systems from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
* Own the engineering delivery of a service or product.
* Work closely with architects, principals, product and program managers to deliver product features on time and with high quality.
* Drive engineering efforts and provide direction other members of the team.
* Proactively identify and resolve risks and issues that may dent team s ability to execute.
Ability to integrate various datasets across disparate data sources
Offer high performance compute infrastructure with the appropriate compute capabilities to easily process, analyze and visualize all data under management
* Use of ML and AI as an integrated part of the cloud services to serve thousands of customers while maintaining a reasonable spend
* BS degree in Computer Science or related field (MS preferred)
* 4 years of experience delivering and operating cloud services or highly distributed business software.
* Strong knowledge of Java, and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
* Strong knowledge of Apache Spark
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
* Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
As part of Oracle s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, after a conditional offer has been extended.
**Job:** **Product Development*
**Title:** *Software Developer 2 - Oracle Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development (JOIN OCI-SDE)*
**Requisition ID:** *20000RN2*
**Other Locations:** *United States, US-CA,California-Redwood City*