Bergelectric Corp. Tempe, AZ 85281
Journeyman Electrician (19000530)
Established in 1946, Bergelectric Corp. has made its mark on the construction industry by providing the highest quality electrical and technology systems. We are one of the largest, privately held, electrical contractors in the United States. During the last decade, Engineering News Record (ENR) has consistently ranked us among the top 20 specialty contractors. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including, but not limited to; comprehensive medical benefit packages, and a 401(k) with company match.
Function as an Electrician/Journeyman Wireman for Bergelectric Corp.; installing new electrical systems and repairing existing electrical systems while maintaining compliance with national, state and local electrical codes along with all Bergelectric Corp. policies and procedures. Support activities at commercial, industrial, institutional and residential locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Install, repair, maintain, and test commercial, industrial and residential electrical systems in full support of Bergelectric Corp. safety, operations and productivity initiatives.
* Use industry related hand tools and power tools.
* Measure, cut, bend, thread, etc. and install wire and electrical cable systems,conduit systems and other wire raceway systems.
* Feed to, pull into, and terminate wire and cable within control centers,
* distribution boxes, transformers, transducers, switch gear, receptacles, switches, etc.
* Splice and terminate wires at junction points.
* Troubleshoot equipment electrical systems and control circuits and build controlpanels from drawings.
* Prepare sketches and schematic diagrams showing the location of wiring andelectrical systems.
* Delegate tasks and assist with training other employees.
* Communicate effectively with Foremen and crew members.
* Maintain workflow schedule to ensure all Bergelectric Corp. productivityobjectives are met.
* Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and courtesy when interactingwith colleagues, customers and vendors.
* Adhere to all Bergelectric Corp.'s safety policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Must hold a current Journeyman Wireman license (if required by the applicable state, city or county).
* Ability to install power systems: lighting, fire protection, security, and data network.
* Ability to build and install control panels and provide maintenance to systems.
* Experience using Electrical Single Line blueprints.
* Experience finding and repairing faults in electrical apparatus and circuits.
* Ability to verify compliance and functionality of installations.
* Experience helping with the management of a project and crew.
* Ability to manage material estimates.
* Demonstrate strong leadership and pre-planning abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee may require the ability to do the following:
* Lift 50 lbs from ground and pull 50 lbs of force.
* Perform ladder climbing, wire pulling and conduit pulling.
* Fully squat, stoop or kneel while wearing a 25 lb tool belt.
* Maintain a standing position for long periods of time while performing repetitive actions such as grasping or manipulating wires.
* Work off of ladders, man lifts or reach booms
While performing duties of this job, the employee may be\ exposed to:
* A variety of weather conditions including cold, snow, rain, heat, etc.
* High noise levels
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employment is contingent upon the individual maintaining a current Journeyman Wireman License (if required by the applicable state, city or county).
Bergelectric Corp. is an equal opportunity employer that sees diversity as a positive force in a drug-free workplace. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Contractor