Amerita, Inc Phoenix, AZ 85021
Amerita, Inc. is a leading provider in home Infusion therapy. We are looking for a Pharmacy Technician - Compounding to join our Pharmacy team as we grow to be one of the top home infusion providers in the country. The Pharmacy Technician will report to the Pharmacy Manager and work in our Phoenix, AZ Branch.
Amerita is an entrepreneurial-founded company and a wholly owned subsidiary of PharMerica. The home infusion market is positioned for rapid growth driven by the aging population, increase in chronic diseases, robust pipeline of infusible drugs coming to market, and an industry shift from hospital delivery settings to lower-cost, high-quality alternative providers such as Amerita.
As a core member of the Pharmacy team, you will be expected to prepare technical and clerical tasks associated with the preparation, labeling and dispensing of pharmaceuticals. We will help you achieve your goals through continuous professional development and regular career progression discussions.
As a Pharmacy Technician - Compounding, you will...
* Coordinate and schedule the preparation of sterile admixtures and home medical equipment orders with the assistance of the Pharmacist.
* Complete all calculations on product preparation and obtain validation from the Pharmacist before compounding/mixing.
* Compound sterile admixtures and non-admixtures, including but not limited to parenteral nutrition, antibiotics, chemotherapy, hydration and narcotic analgesics, using aseptic technique where state laws permit.
* Prepare labels, prescriptions and compounding/mixing worksheets and complete and maintain product lot numbers, expiration dates and batch records.
* Generate delivery/pick slips under the supervision of the Pharmacist. Pick and pull supplies and home medical equipment.
* Ensure compounding/clean room areas and related equipment are cleaned, sanitized and maintained in compliance with company policies and procedures.
* Obtain supply inventories form patients/clients and communicate information obtained to the Pharmacist as required.
* Participate in branch management, department and intra-departmental meetings and quality improvement activities.
* Adhere to all accreditation, OSHA, FDA, state, local and federal regulations and standards relevant to infusion pharmacy and home medical equipment.
* Successful completion of an approved/accredited Pharmacy Technician training program; IV certification preferred
* 1-3 years of related pharmacy experience in a home care setting
* At least 1 year of aseptic preparation of infusion-related pharmaceuticals in a hospital or home infusion setting
* General knowledge of drug terminology, pharmaceutical calculations, drug use and aseptic techniques
* Effective mathematical and communication skills required
* Basic pharmacy knowledge of reading and interpreting prescriptions
* Ability to work independently, accurately and efficiently
* Valid driver's license