MiTek Inc. Tolleson, AZ 85353
MiTek is a global provider of building solutions for the residential and commercial construction industries. Utilizing software, services, engineered products, and automated manufacturing equipment, MiTek partners with clients to accelerate their genius and deliver breakthroughs in building. With a rich 60-year history and a network of 6,500 team members worldwide, MiTek pairs local expertise with global capabilities. As a Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A, NYSE: BRK-B) company since 2001, MiTek has a record of continuous growth and innovation. Learn more at .
SummaryOperate high speed stamping presses and banded pack auxiliary equipment producing metal connector plates and steel components with manual and automated packaging processes. Quality awareness and accurate production reporting is a major responsibility.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
* Operate a high speed stamping press and banded pack auxiliary equipment with manual and automated packaging processes.
* Meet and/or exceed daily production goals.
* Report all machine malfunctions to mechanics or supervisors.
* Assist mechanics whenever required to keep press/packaging equipment operational.
* Manually pack metal connector plates and/or steel components into packaging containers.
* Strive to keep product waste to a minimum; inspect finished products and mark steel lot numbers on shipping containers.
* Attendance at work during the regularly scheduled shift is an essential duty. This includes, but is not limited to the ability to work overtime as required, be present at work, arrive on time and be at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Education and/or Experience:High School Diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Language Skills:Effectively communicate with co-workers and management regarding work and safety issues.
* Mathematical Skills:Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Reasoning Ability:Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Comprehend job training and safety instructions.
* Computer Skills:Some PC skills helpful, but not required.
* Other Skills and Abilities:Read a tape measure. General knowledge of technology and or electronics helpful but not required
* Other Qualifications:Previous forklift experience preferred but not required.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For accommodation to assist with completing this application, please contact Human Resources at +1 314-434-1200.