Stanley Consultants Phoenix, AZ 85016-3905
Stanley Consultants is seeking a Civil Engineer-In-Training to work out of our Muscatine, IA or Phoenix, Arizona office. This position assists in civil site projects. While working under the direct supervision and guidance from mid-senior staff, essential duties will include:
* Create CADD drawings using Stanley Consultants and Client standards. Review work to ensure standard engineering principals and standards compliance.
* Utilize surveying data, receive direction from engineers/designers and incorporate the engineered designs into 3D CADD models and on civil construction drawings.
* Produce civil discipline drawing sheets under the direction of engineers for use in final packaging of multiple discipline drawings.
* Coordinate with civil designers/CADD technicians in project CADD set-up to create civil working drawings. Use the latest design software and equipment to prepare civil engineering and design drawings.
* Collect and analyze data obtained from reports, maps, surveys, drawings, blueprints, tests, aerial photographs, and other sources.
* Adhere to company standards for quality assurance and quality control procedures as defined in the Stanley Consultants quality manual.
* Prepare, modify and check building site, roadway, airfield design elements/computations including; site layout, site utilities coordination, site layout geometrics, road or airfield vertical profiles, airfield clearances, cross sections, storm water management design, pavement design, pavement markings, and traffic control.
* Assist in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, and permits for projects.
* Assist Cost Estimating department in the development of probable construction quantities and construction costs estimated for design projects.
* Coordinate with multiple engineering disciplines to assist in development of conceptual to final civil design for industrial, military, municipal, international, private clients.
* Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
* Attend onsite and offsite client meetings which may be local, continental U.S. or international.
* Contact vendors, regulatory agencies, and sub-consultants to obtain information, guidance and requirements.
* Assist in the development of design guides, guide specifications, and design control procedures.
* Perform periodic resident project representative duties, review construction site to monitor progress, and other duties per the contract documents.
* Occasional local, domestic and international travel for project purposes. International travel may be approximately 1-2-week durations.
Background requirements include:
* Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
* Must possess current EIT certification/licensure.
* Must be able to work in a multi-office, multi-discipline team environment.
* Must possess strong virtual communications skills.
* Possess 0-5 years of relevant experience.
* Knowledge and understanding of coordinate systems and elevation datums required.
* Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D software and tools for the development of site civil grading, corridor models, sections/section views, and general civil paving and grading designs not required but a plus.
* Knowledge of Bentley Civil Design Software not required but a plus.
Future potential for professional career path growth in:
* Technical expertise
* Project management
* Business development
A Great Place to Work: Become a Member
Once you are hired at Stanley Consultants, you become a member of our member-owned company. Our Core Values speak to the capabilities, initiative, integrity, creativity, and commitment that make you, as a member, our most important asset. As a member, you have the opportunity to chart your own career path and play a role in shaping our mutual future.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)