University of Arizona Tucson, AZ 85719
IT Support Computing Analyst I
Department Website Link
UAHS - Tucson
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USA
The successful candidate selected for this IT Support Center Specialist position will provide technical support, training and guidance to the campus community in the use,maintenance, and repair of a wide variety of computer, audiovisual and videoconference systems. This includes installation, configuration, testing and problem resolution. Thisposition frequently deals with computer operating system and software issues (classroom support, presentation events and videoconferences). The IT Support Specialist must also support additional audio-visual component troubleshooting as thecomputers are not the sole component in any of these systems.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please .
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Receive and prioritize incoming telephone, voicemail, email and in-person requests for assistance from our clients. This includes staffing the section's front desk where walk-in traffic presents.
* When helping clients; evaluate and resolve client computing issues by phone or in person.
* Track, log and document all requests for service and other work in detail; Due to the fluidity of changing orders, we track via a web-based scheduling system until completion of the task. All completed jobs are then entered to our operations tracking and billing system.
* Train and guide all clients in the appropriate use of computer and audiovisual equipment in support of presentations, classes and videoconferencing.
* Flexibility to work varied hours; many of the events and activities that this position supports take place in various locations on campus and during off-hours, including weekends and evenings.
* Ability to maintain professionalism while analyzing and remedying computer and audiovisual problems on the spot, often in front of waiting clients.
* Up to 1 year of relevant work experience required.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
-Skill in troubleshooting, repairing, and configuring computer systems, software and audiovisual systems.-Skill in providing information technology related customer service and training to users with varying levels of technical expertise.-Skill in analyzing computer hardware, software and other media system problems.-Skill in working as part of a team.-Skill in time management and in dealing with multiple priorities.-Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Full Time/Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week
Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required:
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies
Target Hire Date
Expected End Date
Contact Information for Candidates
Denise Moynihan, Sr Business Managerneese@arizona.edu
Open Until Filled
Documents Needed to Apply
Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.