Bimbo Bakeries USA Phoenix, AZ 85011
Machine Operator in Phoenix at Bimbo Bakeries USA
Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Machine Operator:
* Great starting pay: $16.70 per hour
* Wages increase after 90 days!
* Excellent benefits with low premiums - medical, dental & vision
* Stable Union position with Pension for retirement
* Vacation and Holiday Pay according to company policy
* Company sponsored wellness and discount program available
Machine Operator Position Summary:
The Machine Operator is an entry level role in our plant/bakery and is a valuable member of the production team focused on safely and consistently producing the highest quality product possible for customers.
Machine Operator Key Job Responsibilities:
* Ensures and maintains a safe environment compliant with all BBU, OSHA, and/or governmental policies and procedures
* Follows Food Safety & Food Quality Plans to ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Standards, the SQF system and other 3rd party audits
* Performs various duties including, but not limited to; safe operation of machinery, packaging products, mixing ingredients, and moving and/or stacking materials and equipment used in the production of fresh baked products.
* Acts with a Continuous Improvement mindset and focus on improving efficiencies and decreasing waste
* Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor
Schedule Hiring for:
* Days: Sunday - Saturday; Monday and Friday off
* Shift Start Time: Varies
* Overtime may be needed
Machine Operator Qualifications:
* High School Diploma or GED is preferred but not required
* A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
* Ability to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment and adapt to frequent changes
* Prior experience or training in manufacturing or supply-chain environment is preferred
* Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions with high level of detail
* Willing to work irregular and/or rotating shifts, including split days off (non-consecutive days off), and holidays when needed
* Physical requirements: ability to lift 50 pounds, stand and/or stoop for prolonged periods of time, perform repetitive motions, and work in an environment with varying temperatures
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.