PharMerica Phoenix, AZ 85021
Job Locations US-AZ-PHOENIX
Line of Business
Our Pharmacy group focuses on providing exceptional customer service and meeting the pharmacy needs for hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, and other specialized care centers nationwide. If your passion is service excellence and top-quality care come join our team and apply today!
Fills prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy, packaging medications for dispensing and for delivery, meeting the accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy
* Labels products appropriately, including cautionary or auxiliary labels
* Participates in the periodic inventory of the pharmacy
* May check in drugs and supplies, stock shelves and remove out-of-date items from the inventory
* Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments, which may include non-sterile compounding
* Communicates with internal and external customers in a pleasant and professional manner
* May process returned medications from the facility for credit or destruction
* Assists in the training of new employees
* Also performs at least one of the following:
* Works in the Controlled Drugs (Narcotics) Room;
* Works with automated machine to prepack drugs;
* Manages inventory functions such as monitoring pharmaceutical levels and identify expired medications, managing to the pharmacy standard for Days on Hand;
* Inputs patient data and medication orders into a computer system to produce labels (data entry);
* Mixes/packages IV medications, sanitizes IV room, equipment and hood
* Services facility-based medication dispensing machines (e.g., RxNow)
* Performs other tasks as assigned
* Required: High School diploma or equivalent. Experience in a pharmacy setting and with medical terminology. Ability to operate a computer; ability to recognize and identify medications. Detail oriented; goal oriented, team player, effective oral communication. Pharmacy Technician license.
* Desired: Long Term Care pharmacy experience.
About our Line of Business
PharMerica is a full-service pharmacy solution providing value beyond medication. PharMerica is the long-term care pharmacy services provider of choice for senior living communities, skilled nursing facilities, public health organizations and post-acute care organizations. PharMerica isone of the nation'slargest pharmacy companies. PharMerica offers unmatched employee development, exceptional company culture, seemingly endless opportunities for advancement and the highest hiring goals in decades. For more information about PharMerica, please visitwww.pharmerica.com. Follow us onFacebook,Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.