Amazon.com Services Inc. Tempe, AZ 85280
Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available. Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed. Until we have an effective vaccine available in billions of doses, high-volume testing capacity would be of great help, but getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments.
To help solve this problem, Amazon has begun the work of building incremental testing capacity. We are seeking a Supply Chain Manager to drive operational excellence with processes that define how our material flows. This includes developing relationships with operations teams across sites globally to drive standards and improve processes. You will partner with quality teams to define and execute processes that ensure all materials flowing through the lab are in compliance with engineering and R&D specifications. We are looking for a big leader that can be the single threaded leader for all sites globally and to ensure effective communication methods.
Primary duties of this role will include:
* Develop and maintain SOPs for each step in the entire inbound, outbound, and returns processes of material flow.
* Work with onsite leaders to understand feedback from the site level to implement improvements in both efficiency and quality.
* Partner with quality leaders to establish best in class processes that ensure quality is maintained end to end.
* Develop logistics strategy and be responsible for the implementation of site logistics strategies to develop optimal solutions for transportation and inventory management.
* Lead corrective actions and automated communication methods to sites to ensure standards are followed and frequent gaps in standard work are root caused and solutions are put in place to reduce defect injection.
* Complete trending and analysis of flow defects, recurring problems, and top offending sites to drive corrective actions.Basic Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Engineering, Science, or Quality
* Advanced knowledge of manufacturing and production processes
* Advance knowledge of compliance, and quality control regulatory standards