Banner Health Phoenix, AZ 85098
You have a place in the health care industry. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
In June 2017, Banner University Medical Center Phoenix opened up our new state of the art Emergency Department and Level 1 Trauma Center. The Emergency Department is a first of its kind for Banner Health and offers the most flexible and efficient layout which will allow us to deliver the safest and highest quality of care to our customers. The department is built with the newest technology to manage 60 + monitored private rooms and offers substantial physical space for both patients and associates to foster an excellent patient experience. Our Level 1 Trauma Center overlays 3700 square feet and is fully equipped with the most up to date technology and nurtures a highly interactive teaching environment for our academic services.
As an Emergency Department Technician you will have the opportunity to use your experience and skills in a patient population that consists of newborn to geriatrics.
There are currently Day shift and Night shift opportunities available. Full time position on the day shift is 7am-7:30pm and night shift is 7pm-7:30am. The schedule is 3 - 12 hour shifts/week and weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18% shift differential for nights. You will have the opportunity to utilize our self-scheduling tool for shift and weekend coverage.
AZ EMCT certification or AZ CNA/LNA and BLS is required.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
This position is responsible for providing patient care and assists health care providers in performing assigned patient procedures within scope of training. Position receives general supervision from RN, APN, PA, or Physician in providing patient care.
1. Under general supervision of the RN, APN, PA, or Physician, performs assigned procedures including, but not limited to: electrocardiogram testing (EKG); wound cleansing; initial, repeat and orthostatic vital sign measurements; application of monitor leads, specimen collection, and transports stable telemetry or non-monitored patients to nursing units. Advanced skills and functions: Where state statute permits, performs blood glucose testing; phlebotomy; saline lock insertion; IV discontinuation; bladder (Foley) catheterization. After training in these advanced skills the ED Tech may perform these functions per state and facility guidelines on adult patients and pediatric patients twelve years of age and older upon direct delegation of the task.
2. Sets up, prepares patient and assists with patient exam and minor surgical or health procedures within scope of training such as, but not limited to: lumbar punctures; sterile instrument and field preparation, suturing lacerations, chest tube insertion, closed fracture reduction, gastric lavage, pelvic examinations, restraint application, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Applies orthopedic devices, to include pre-manufactured and plaster splints under physician direction.
3. Performs specimen collection, ensuring accuracy in identification and integrity by using appropriate techniques for all age criteria as required by Lab. Where state statute permits, performs point of care testing for blood glucose, hemoccult and gastroccult or other tests, and performs quality control checks on point of care equipment as required.
4. Provides communication and updates to RN, Physician or other providers related to perceived reactions or changes to patients' condition. Accurately records information in the patient record, documents vital signs and procedures completed, as well as the equipment and techniques utilized.
5. Monitors supply stock levels and reports needs. Notifies housekeeping, maintenance, biomedical engineering, and others to ensure proper equipment and a safe environment is maintained. Maintains appropriate levels of stock in medication room, exam room bedside carts, and specialty carts. Assists with health unit coordination tasks and reception responsibilities as needed.
6. Attends department meetings and educational sessions; Assists in orienting and training of new ED Technicians.
7. Position receives general supervision from RN, APN, PA, or Physician and other appropriate licensed health professionals. Position uses problem solving skills and provides effective communication with patients, patient families, health care providers and ancillary departments within the organization to provide quality patient care.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Either Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) with state licensure, or EMT National registry certification, or Certified Nursing Assistant in state of practice is required for new hires and transfers. In Colorado: Either Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) with state licensure, or EMT National registry certification.
Position requires basic computer skills, effective communication (written and verbal) skills, and problem-solving ability.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.