Banner Health Tucson, AZ 85775
Great options and great opportunities. Excellent pay and benefits, multiple practice settings, employment options to meet every need, and some of the best nurse-to-patient ratios you will find anywhere. Apply today.
The Emergency Department at Banner University Medical Center Tucson campus is a 61 bed unit serving as Southern Arizona's Level 1 Trauma Center. Our ED sees around 80,000 patients per year! We have been nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Come and join our team!
As an Emergency Department Technician you will have the opportunity to use your experience and skills in a patient population that consists of newborn to geriatrics.
We have different schedules available to meet your needs. Full time is available for 7am-7:30pm; 7pm-7:30am; 10am-10:30pm shifts and Part time for 7pm-7:30am. The schedule is 3 - 12 hour shifts/week for Full Time and 2 shifts per week for Part Time.
** Please indicate in your application which shift you are interested in! **
AZ EMCT certification or AZ CNA/LNA and BLS is required.
Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable. You will have the opportunity to utilize our self-scheduling tool for shift and weekend coverage.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful care has been recognized with Magnet(tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
This position is responsible for providing patient care and assists health care providers in performing assigned patient procedures within scope of training. Position receives general supervision from RN, APN, PA, or Physician in providing patient care.
1. Under general supervision of the RN, APN, PA, or Physician, performs assigned procedures including, but not limited to: electrocardiogram testing (EKG); wound cleansing; initial, repeat and orthostatic vital sign measurements; application of monitor leads, specimen collection, and transports stable telemetry or non-monitored patients to nursing units. Advanced skills and functions: Where state statute permits, performs blood glucose testing; phlebotomy; saline lock insertion; IV discontinuation; bladder (Foley) catheterization. After training in these advanced skills the ED Tech may perform these functions per state and facility guidelines on adult patients and pediatric patiens twelve years of age and older upon direct delegation of the task.
2. Sets up, prepares patient and assists with patient exam and minor surgical or health procedures within scope of training such as, but not limited to: lumbar punctures; sterile instrument and field preparation, suturing lacerations, chest tube insertion, closed fracture reduction, gastric lavage, pelvic examinations, restraint application, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Applies orthopedic devices, to include pre-manufactured and plaster splints under physician direction.
3. Performs specimen collection, ensuring accuracy in identification and integrity by using appropriate techniques for all age criteria as required by Lab. Where state statute permits, performs point of care testing for blood glucose, hemoccult and gastroccult or other tests, and performs quality control checks on point of care equipment as required.
4. Provides communication and updates to RN, Physician or other providers related to perceived reactions or changes to patients' condition. Accurately records information in the patient record, documents vital signs and procedures completed, as well as the equipment and techniques utilized.
5. Monitors supply stock levels and reports needs. Notifies housekeeping, maintenance, biomedical engineering, and others to ensure proper equipment and a safe environment is maintained. Maintains appropriate levels of stock in medication room, exam room bedside carts, and specialty carts. Assists with health unit coordination tasks and reception responsibilities as needed.
6. Attends department meetings and educational sessions; Assists in orienting and training of new ED Technicians.
7. Position receives general supervision from RN, APN, PA, or Physician and other appropriate licensed health professionals. Position uses problem solving skills and provides effective communication with patients, patient families, health care providers and ancillary departments within the organization to provide quality patient care.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Either Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) with state licensure, or EMT National registry certification, or Certified Nursing Assistant in state of practice is required for new hires and transfers. In Colorado: Either Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) with state licensure, or EMT National registry certification.
Position requires basic computer skills, effective communication (written and verbal) skills, and problem-solving ability.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.