Ascensus Phoenix, AZ 85001
FuturePlan is the nation's largest third-party administrator (TPA) of retirement plans, partnering with advisors in all 50 states. FuturePlan delivers the best of both worlds: high-touch personalized service from local TPAs backed by the strength and security of a large national firm, Ascensus. Our roots go back decades, with nearly 30 outstanding legacy firms now joined together to deliver unmatched levels of service, innovation and expertise to a fast-growing client base from coast to coast. The FuturePlan team includes more than 500 credentialed plan professionals, 60 actuaries, and one of the industry's largest in-house ERISA teams. Learn more at FuturePlan.com.
Section 1: Position Summary
As a Software Engineer at Ascensus, you will be working in a high-energy team, writing beautiful code by using the best engineering practices in the industry today (e.g. unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns). Passion for all aspects of software development is critical. We are building teams that are empowered to solve the business needs by having a rapid development and deployment pipeline with a focus on automation and releasing software.
As a Scrum team member, you will be responsible for delivering solutions that adhere to the software architecture strategy, coding standards, and established organizational policies and procedures.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
* Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
* Analyze, implement, test, document and maintain new and current software applications with minimal oversight in support of achieving the business goals.
* Assist in estimating and planning throughout the software development life cycle.
* Support people and process improvement strategies for the organization.
* Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related experience preferred.
* At least 2+ years of experience developing software & systems
* At least 2 years of hands-on experience with C# and .NET framework/Core
* Good experience with the Microsoft technology stack
* Good understanding of design principles (patterns, cohesion/coupling, S.O.L.I.D.)
* Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
* Familiarity with Services Oriented Architecture and RESTful services development
* Good experience with writing clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, continuous integration and deployment, automation, design patterns, refactoring etc.)
* Experience working with other developers, quality engineers (QE), ops engineers and support engineers to ensure smooth deployment and continual operation
* Passion for developing good software
* Experience participating in design discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Familiarity or experience with Agile engineering practices (test driven development, continuous integration and pair programming, etc.)
* Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
* Experience with working with legacy code
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others.We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity-housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.
As aleading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws ("Protected Status").