D.R. Horton, Inc. Chandler, AZ 85286
*D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.*, was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website atwww.drhorton.comfor more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a*_Construction Area Manager_*for their eastConstruction Department. The right candidate will be responsible forsupervising all field personnel that are assigned to subdivisions in the area. Update reports and assure quality control in the houses built. Implement all D.R. Horton policies and procedures throughout the entire construction process.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
* Plan and direct construction activities in the field either directly or through utilizing your Project Managers and Superintendents
* Responsible for profitability of the homes being built in their subdivisions and manage all cost by reviewing field purchase orders
* Interfacing with public agencies in obtaining all necessary permits and approvals; or work with the Permit Department in obtaining these permits and approvals
* Interface with all municipal governing bodies, public utilities and industry associations; or work with the Land Development Department in obtaining these objectives
* Total involvement with training, communication and development of Project Managers, Superintendents and field personnel
* Oversee field operations, productions times, and insure quality control so that the homes built meet the D.R. Horton standards and are ready for homeowner orientations/occupancy
* Set build times on each plan and provide schedules to meet the build times
* Ensure that assigned subdivisions meet all safety standards in accordance with OSHA and state regulations
* Handle escalated problems with subcontractors
* Respond to unsatisfactory survey cards and NRS responses
* Ensure that all homes in construction area are constructed to contract, specification and detail
* Assure that all work that is invoiced is fully acceptable to D.R. Horton specifications and is 100% complete
* Visit job sites periodically to spot check quality and policy enforcement
*Supervisory Responsibilities *
Manages a group of 4-25 Superintendents and/or Project Managers within a specified area of construction. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must have a vehicle, a valid driver's license, and be willing to travel.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental./Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton,America's Builder./
Come follow our newest Open Jobs on Twitter and like us on Facebook!
**Organization:** **Home Builder*
**Title:** *Construction Area Manager EAST Valley*
**Requisition ID:** *2104371*