Raytheon Technologies Tucson, AZ 85702
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
The System Concept and Design Department functions within the Effectors Center, which develops products for front end of the business programs. Department members develop novel weapon systems solutions starting at the nascent stages of the product life cycle through proof-of-concept including flight tests.
The team seeks a cost modeler and analyst with a strong desire to influence the affordability of products. You will develop cost information as part of an organization that supports engineering teams in a collaborative environment. You will perform defendable, thorough analysis and work with engineering teams to meet affordability requirements. You will develop a relationship understanding of the cost data and technologies those costs represent. Your contributions will be instrumental in developing cost estimates, cost requirements, trade-off studies, and cost risk & opportunity assessments in efforts ranging from concept exploration through production. Accurate, concise communication while demonstrating ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people and engineering disciplines is essential. This position will also support Multidisciplinary Design Analysis & Optimization approaches to solving design challenges.
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 2 years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience.
Qualifications You Must Have:
• Bachelo rs in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) - Cost Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Math or economics, finance, business, or logistics.
• Eight (8) years of experience in cross-functional interaction during a program/product life cycle.
• Work experience in at least one of the following cost estimating model tools: ACEIT, PRICE, SEER, or Excel-based cost models.
• Work experience developing cost estimates for at least one of the phases of a product life cycle: development, production, or operations & support.
• The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
• Advanced degree in economics, finance, business, or logistics.
• Work experience applying statistical analysis.
• Work experience supporting proposal submittals.
• Work experience developing work breakdown structures that are compliant with MIL-STD-881.
• Ability to organize the efforts required to prepare cost related Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) items, including Contractor Cost Data Reporting (1921) reports.
• Strong written and oral presentation skills to communicate affordability strategies, results, and opportunities. Potential of some efforts to be presented to business leadership and external customers.
• Desire to work both independently and collaborate in team environments.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.