HONEYWELL Phoenix, AZ 85027
Honeywell Aerospace Military Avionics Center of Excellence group has an immediate opening for a System Safety Engineer for the Military Avionics Center of Excellence. This group has responsibility for Military Avionics systems and products at several different Honeywell sites. Responsibilities will be to support Design Engineering, Product Engineering, Quality Engineering and Customer Support.
You will be integral in system solutions that meet the evolving needs of our Aerospace customers. You will bring your System safety and reliability expertise to coordinate closely with subsystem design personnel (software and hardware, internal and customer) in order to understand system requirements and operation. This includes identifying and understanding system hazards and how to decompose hazard responsibility and associated hazard mitigation to the applicable subsystems.
· Support Design Engineering, Product Engineering, Quality Engineering
· Perform Functional Hazard Assessments, Preliminary System Safety Analysis, System Safety Assessments
· Systems design analysis respective of potential failure modes affecting functional hazards, fault tree analysis, common mode analysis, Failure Modes Effects Analysis
· Define appropriate safety requirements and requirement validation and verification
· Customer interaction and Support
· Project coordination and oversight
· Budgeting/scheduling responsibilities
· Prepare data for presentation to internal and external customers
YOU MUST HAVE
· BS degree in Electrical, Systems, Computer Science or Aeronautical Engineering
· Must be a U.S. citizen due to ITAR restrictions
· 6+ years’ experience in the Engineering, Quality, or Manufacturing of the Aerospace or Nuclear industry
· Technical understanding of the Aerospace industry
· Ability to read schematics
· Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization
· Able to recognize the validity of data and utilize a variety of analytical techniques to solve problems
· Understanding of Functional Hazard Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Criticality Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Common Mode Analysis, and Probabilistic Risk Assessment
· Familiarity with ARP-4761, ARP 4754A
· Ability to execute technical skills involving hardware design, test, and manufacturing.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Leadership skills to influence others
· A working knowledge of standard Microsoft office tools
· Must be able to communicate well and work as a team with other engineers
· Knowledge of the systems development life cycle and Aerospace product knowledge
· Demonstrate an understanding of potential failure modes/mechanisms, failure detection and response, methods of fault annunciation, fault containment, software certification techniques and fault recovery.
· Ability to examine a system's design to evaluate hazards and assess risks and ensure the system architecture can meet the assigned probabilities for each hazard
· Familiarity with the testing process to coordinate with test developers to ensure that tests adequately address the safety-critical aspects of the design.
· Experience using safety analysis tools such as CAFTA.
· Ability to quote and estimate work effort