Balfour Beatty Investments - North America Glendale, AZ 85307
About the role
Balfour Beatty Communities is committed to delivering exceptional living experiences. The Maintenance Technician is integral to meeting this objective, with responsibility for maintaining the overall physical condition of the community and providing world-class service to our valued residents. Our Maintenance Technicians diagnose maintenance issues, make necessary repairs and ensure all resident service requests and other community maintenance is completed in a timely manner. If you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have top-notch maintenance skills and a passion for customer service, we want to hear from you!
About the Maintenance Technician Job Family
Balfour Beatty Communities' (BBC) Maintenance Technician Job Family was established to provide a structure around the maintenance function at BBC. This new framework will create levels around roles and responsibilities, while also attracting, retaining, and growing our maintenance employees! Come grow with us!
Each level has their own requirements as defined in the job description. The Maintenance Job Family has the following levels:
* Maintenance Trainee
* Maintenance Technician I
* Maintenance Technician II
* Maintenance Technician III
What you'll be doing
* General maintenance and orderliness of property HVA, mechanical, electrical, utilities and lighting systems. Including inspections and repairs. Experience level to direct mechanics, technicians and outside contractors on assigned projects. Controls inventory of parts and equipment. Make Repairs.
* Ensuring the successful execution of all company safety and environmental policies and procedures.
* Delivering the highest level of resident satisfaction through responsive, consistent, positive and professional interactions.
* Working a rotating on call schedule to have 24/7 maintenance coverage
Who we're looking for
Qualified candidates will have:
* High school graduate or GED, Technical School preferred
* 4-6 years maintenance experience
* Basic trouble shooting skills
* Demonstrated strong customer service skills
* Advanced knowledge in at least one of the following disciplines: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry.
* Solid trouble shooting skills
* Ability to diagnose problems and recommend repairs.
* Ability to work with limited supervision.
* Has good time management skills.
* Demonstrated strong customer service skills
* Able to effectively communicate with customers.
* EPA 608, Boiler Certification, Plumbing, Electrical, Appliance Repair Certifications or one is obtained within 9 months of employment or promotion
* Valid, state-issued driver s license with a safe driving record is required.
Typical Physical Demands: Regularly use hands to manipulate tools, machinery, equipment, supplies, and office equipment. Frequently stand, reach with hands and arms, climb ladders, balance, and stoop. Sit and stand to do clerical work. Regularly lift and move equipment and supplies up to 50 lbs.
Typical Work Conditions: Work is performed in and outside a maintenance/machinery environment and in and outside residential properties. Employee frequently interacts directly with residents, maintenance and communities staff during the workday.
Benefits:Discretionary bonus, health/life insurance, retirement plan/401K contributions, paid time off, short-term disability, parental leave.
Why work for us
Grow. Succeed. Lead. Join the team delivering the best in residential real estate.
When you join Balfour Beatty Communities you join a growing company at the forefront of the exciting, fast-paced residential real estate industry. With an extensive portfolio of property locations throughout the United States as well as Regional Operating Centers and a large-scale corporate team, you ll find ample opportunity and a variety of career paths here.
Our mission is clear: we deliver the quality communities people are proud to call home. We create exceptional living experiences by managing our communities with a relentless commitment to customer service. We believe we can only be successful if we always put people first, do the right thing, and deliver on our promises. This shared commitment guides our employees, provides a clear framework for making the right decisions and forms the foundation for our continued growth.
We are committed to the professional and technical development of every Balfour Beatty Communities employee. We deliver on this commitment by fostering a culture of learning and growth that provides a variety of development opportunities for our employees, including online, classroom, and on-the-job programs.
Balfour Beatty Communities is all about delivering exceptional living and that starts with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of health care options, retirement benefits, paid time off and many more services and programs aimed at ensuring total employee wellbeing. We provide company uniforms, vehicle and beeper pay for on call hours.
Balfour Beatty Communities is a diversified real estate services company delivering acquisition, management and renovation services in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors. An innovative leader in the industry for more than 20 years, our residential portfolio currently consists of more than 50,000 units and $6 billion in real estate assets under management. Since our inception we have developed or renovated more than 31,000 units with a total value approaching $4 billion.
Our reputation is built on the hallmarks our clients, partners and residents have come to rely on: deep industry expertise, industry-leading practices, consistent results and an unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service.
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets.