Hunter Contracting Co. Tucson, AZ 85741
Are you looking for a company you can grow with? A company where you feel like part of the family and not just another employee number? Do you want to be a part of something great? Hunter Contracting Co. is a family-owned, heavy civil contracting firm serving Arizona since 1961. We are looking for good, hard-working, high-energy, self-motivating, professional individuals to grow with our project needs.
What we are proud to offer you:
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life Insurance
* Health and Wellness Programs
* PTO and Sick Time Pay
* Company Vehicle
We are currently seeking a Project Engineerresponsible for providing support to the project staff, ensuring the project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
Roles, Duties, & Responsibilities:
* Project Schedules – Maintains project schedules current with input received from Project Superintendent and Project Manager.
* Project Schedules – Updates project schedules weekly scheduling board and distributes minutes from scheduling meeting.
* Job Costs – Reviews job costs weekly quantities for input.
* Job Costs – Reviews and evaluate job costs.
* Job Costs – Researches suspicious job costs items and has appropriate corrections made.
* Time Cards – Reviews time cards for accuracy and completeness.
* Time Cards – Reviews time cards for equipment utilization.
* Reviews field receipts (delivery tickets) for proper and complete coding.
* Material Tracking – Develops manual tracking system for monitoring quantities (yield).
* Material Tracking – Updates and reviews manual tracking weekly.
* Material Tracking – Researches suspicious manual tracking entries and yields, has appropriate corrections made.
* Develops Daily Cost/Production Reports on key items, selected by the Project Manager and/or Division Manager.
* Prepares correspondence as necessary.
* Reviews all project plans, specifications and estimates.
* Becomes familiar with project requirements and scope.
* Develops list of special requirements.
* Submittals - Develops list of required submittals.
* Submittals – Obtains/secures necessary submittal documents.
* Submittals – Reviews submittal documents for conformance with the project requirements.
* Submittals – Prepares document for submittals.
* Submittals – Maintains log for tracking submittals.
* Develops list of required permits.
* Prepares permit applications.
* Obtains permits.
* Prepares project setup notebook and distributes to project team.
* Attends project pre-planning meetings.
* Develops detailed project construction schedule (Primavera) in cooperation with the Project Manager and Project Superintendent.
* Develops project cash flow (revenue) reports from project schedule.
* Attends agency pre-construction conference, prepares, and distributes minutes of meeting to project team.
* Attends agency weekly project meeting.
* Processes change orders.
* Prepares and processes force accounts and back charges.
* Performs special assignments as required by the Project Manager and/or Division Manager.
* Assists with the project close out; quantity take-offs, as-builts, and input job cost histories.
* Prepares project progress estimates.
* Attends monthly supervisory meeting and weekly project scheduling meetings.
* Visits projects on a regular basis.
* Prepares for and attends all meetings, as required.
* Estimates as assigned; take offs, research, vendor contract.
* Adheres to all Hunter Contracting Co. safety policies, procedures, and instructions from management.
* Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
* Has general computer knowledge and experience with Excel, Word, Suretrak (Primavera).
* Possesses a valid Drivers License.
* Works within precise standards of accuracy.
* Rates information using standards, which can be measured or checked.
* Visualizes three-dimensions out of a two-dimensional plan drawing.
* Follows oral and written directions, plans, and contract drawings.
* Ability to work long hours; weekend work, and out-of-town work and a willingness to assume a high level of responsibility.
* Knowledgeable in construction equipment and governmental requirements.
* Demonstrates good people skills and oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrates a sound technical background in construction technology.
* Encompasses a strategic vision and attention to detail.
* Ability to work on multiple projects, adjusts quickly to shifting priorities, meets deadlines, exercises good judgment, and handles pressure situations with owners and other constituents.
* Approaches work in a meticulous, thorough, and detailed manner.
* Is open to change and can adjust to shifting priorities.
* Helps others handle organizational and procedural change.
* Water/Wastewater a PLUS
Education & Work Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor of Science Degree Preferred; AND/OR,
* Minimum three (3) years of experience in related field; OR
* Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
We do E-Verify, Background Checks and Drug Screens
Women, Minorities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY statement
Hunter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Hunter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.