Whiteriver Construction Phoenix, AZ 85014
Whiteriver Construction is a great place to work! We are a team oriented company that rewards employees for outstanding performance and contributions. Our employees have the opportunity to work at an industry leading firm as recognized by Forbes Magazine in their February 2011 edition as well as work in the beautiful White Mountains of Northeastern Arizona. The White Mountains offers an abundance of natural beauty, history, culture, adventure, and recreational opportunities as well as a wonderful lifestyle
ABOUT WHITERIVER CONSTRUCTION:
Whiteriver Construction is a general contractor that provides construction management and design/build services for public (Federal, State, and Tribal), and private clients in the Southwest. We have had the opportunity to work on and successfully complete "landmark" projects including two projects at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, the world famous Monument Valley Visitor Center, and the Theodore Roosevelt School Renovation at Fort Apache, a historical site rich in history and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. We are one of the top construction companies in the Southwest as featured in Forbes Magazine in 2011 and consistently ranked as one of the largest contractors in the southwest by ENR Magazine.
Professionally manage organizational operations of the project(s) and the procurement, bidding, and submission of bids (hard bids) and proposals (CMAR and Design-Build) by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established goals, objectives, and policies to achieve profitable outcomes and compliance with the terms and conditions of all contract documents.
- * Acting in the capacity of Senior Project Manager by overseeing Project Management and the management of our construction projects to include assisting our Project Manager with any construction related issues (i.e. change orders, scheduling issues, subcontractor issues, etc…). Responsibilities will include acting in the capacity of a Project Manager on project(s) when company work load requires.
* Acting in the capacity as Senior Estimator by overseeing Estimating to include reading/reviewing bidding documents, specifications and plans and subcontractor quotes when bidding jobs to ensure accuracy in the estimate/bid process. Responsibilities will include acting in the capacity of Estimator on bid(s)/project(s) when company work load requires.
* Overseeing Marketing and the preparation of RFP/RFQ solicitations when they are performance based requiring management plans, team qualifications, company qualifications, QC plans, performance history, company background, ability to demonstrate budget and schedule compliance, etc…
* Attending project meetings with owner and architect on occasion to ensure project are running smoothly.
* Assisting with the interviewing process for hiring any personnel required.
- * Degree focused in construction management, building construction, engineering, construction science, or architecture or equivalent experience.
* Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
* Knowledge of construction materials, methods (include CMAR and Design-Build), and the tools involved in the construction of buildings or other structures such as highways and roads.
* Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of construction costs, materials and estimating procedures
* Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation.
* Ten (10) years minimum experience in a project management/estimating role for a commercial general contractor
* Strong computer skills including scheduling software and Microsoft Office products
* Paid Holidays
* Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
* 401K Retirement with employer matching contribution
* Three (3) weeks paid time off (PTO)
* Annual bonus based on profitability